Brooklin 35 Studebaker model NEW RELEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklin 35 Studebaker model NEW RELEASE

This is a new model from Brooklin. It is a little to expensive for me, but it looks nice.

http://tinyurl.com/3hvmmp

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

I saw this on ebay the other night. I think it is pretty cool. Brooklins is expensive but they are nice.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I'm with you Leonard. It is a pretty thing, but too dear for my budget. [:I]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Oh geez...it does indeed. What's the ka-ching? Around $120 like Brooklins have been lately?

I have three Brooklins from back in the day (mid-80s), when they were about $50 and that was pricey...back then I just went after whatever I liked the look of, and my three are two Buicks and a Tucker. There's a Brooklin 54 Conestoga at a local hobby shop now that calls my name louder each time I go in the place...$95. Also saw a lovely Brooklin 52 Starlight in the same antique market I picked some 1:24 stuff up in last weekend...$125. Yeowch...there was a 1:1 scale 52 on offer in that Wisconsin parts-car flock for that same amount...!

If anybody ever does the 62 Indy Lark pace car, in any scale, I'll probably plump for that, though, as a "mini-me" for my 1:1 Lark...

S.

Comment

SteveT; Highway Travellers did the '62 Pace Car several years ago, in 1/43rd scale. A real nice redition. They were $150 when new. I think I just saw one go on ebay for the $250 range. A nice car. The new Brooklin is on ebay now for $104 plus postage. I think Dominion Models in VA sells them for $95 including postage. $100+ for a 'nice' diecast 1/43rd toy (Studebaker or whatever) is a good price. Remember, you gets what you pays for. Brooklins are heavy and very nicely done, worth the price.

toyman

Comment

One can make a 1962 Pace car using the Jo-Ann 1962 Lark convertible kit. Depending on your modeling skills the degree of detail will vary. I built one about 30 years ago. I have seen better examples than mine at model shows and on ebay.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

I might consider a '35 Land Cruiser...
              Oops, I spoke too soon! [:I]
              http://www.brooklinmodels.co.uk/BRK%20127.htm

Andy
              62 GT
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Concerning models. Why has no one produced a 1962-1964 Hawk. There are on of the most popular Stude models, and with much of the tooling already produced for the 1953-61 Coupes and Hawks, the cost should not be that much.

There are also no reasonably priced R- series trucks in the 1:24 to 1:48 scale. Ertel has the M-series in al sorts of configuration. Could the SDC approach some manufactures to see if they could make these.

T-Cab.

P.S. Should also have mention models for my favourite truck. T-Cab.

Comment

Working...
                X