Brainstorm /chapter sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainstorm /chapter sign

Ozark Petunia volunteered to make some signs for our chapter table at the M.O.T.A.A. car show in June. She has asked me for suggestions on what to make and I am having trouble helping her. [:I] We have our chapter logo and some SDC logos. Anyone have any ideas? We need help getting the creative juices flowing.
    We are trying to get the Studebaker word out at this all make show. Any other ideas for our display?

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Hi--

Hm! Interesting challenge. Not having a really clear idea of what the underpinnings of the display look like, I'll just float a couple ideas that might work anywhere...

*Make up a couple large "redball" Stude logos in bristol board and set them on easels

*Find or make a display shelf; put some Stude diecasts on display

*Make large blowups of a couple good digi photos of chapter Studes, put those on easels along with/instead of the logos

*If you're feeling ambitious...get some of that "chrome" bristol board and do a large cutout of the 50s "Studebaker" chrome lettering

HTH

Steve T

Comment

I take it your chapter does not have a chapter logo?
      Our Midway Chapter has a large sunflower with a Studebaker wheel in the middle.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

As I said in my earlier post, we have a chapter logo and some examples of SDC logos. What Rose is needing is some direction to proceed. We as a club have never tried this before and basically we have a space and a table. Everything else is open. Bring on the ideas. Please!
        Oh, what is Bristol board?

Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Bristol board? Cardstock that's between thick paper and thin cardboard in "gauge"; usually comes in sheets about 2x3', available in art/craft supply stores or sometimes dollar stores, and comes in all manner of both common and outlandish colors including gold and silver foil.

A cutout in silver of the "Studebaker" lettering could be overlaid on a full sheet of red bristol, then propped with two easels side by side for a sort of banner behind the table...

S.

Comment

I guess Bristol board is what we usually call poster board. I have not seen the gold or chrome kind, but my wife spends more time in the craft section of stores than I do. Sounds like a neat idea, maybe a Studebaker red ball logo.
            I also have been thinking about a couple of posters I could mount on a backing. One is Ron Hall's Avanti on the salt flats and the other is a selection of Studebakers from Automobile Quarterly years ago. The problem is that the space is a looong way from where we will have to park.

Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Find someone that has a Studebaker sign.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Hi 52-fan

The "official" trademarked Studebaker Wheel and several other Studebaker logos for quality printing or use on banners and "the "official" SDC logo Usage Guidelines are available at this link:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...rresources.htm

They are nested in the Editors & Publishers Forum but are readily available to all Chapters and SDC Members by contact to the Web Master.

Good Luck. . .

Henry Votel, Editor
                North Star Wheel
                North Star Chapter SDC
                www.northstarwheel.com
                Henry Votel,
                Forest Lake, MN
                Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Get a really nice picture of a '51 Commander Coupe, enlarge it, mount it on a board and cut it out to contour. Then glue some styrofoam blocks to the back and glue the blocks to your background board so it stands out. Do this also with your logos.

Okay, you can also throw in a Hawk, Lark, Avanti, '31 President and a Sprinkler Wagon if you want. You can also mount a real bullet nose if someone has one to loan. Make sure it's shiney.

Something like this:

and this:

Also full-page magazine ads, like those with the war time B-17's or the Golden Hawk 400. They don't need to be real; you can make copies from the postings on this Forum.

Cut out a [u]BIG</u> Studebaker script and mount it also.

Also, make certain you have plenty of applications and brochures from SDC, the Museum, etc.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Howard,
                    Last year the Ozark Trails set up a table to sell chapter and SDC membership at a big swap meet in Springfield, MO. Ozark Trails has a pull behind trailer with our logo on the sides. We parked it on the back of the space. In front of the trailer we parked three Studebakers. In front of the cars we set up our tents. In our tents we set up two tables and displayed Turning Wheels and other literature. We also have a banner with our logo that was displaed in front of the tables. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. The Ozark Trails display was a success. We signed up several members for our chapter and SDC.
                    I would count on a windy day and secure everything. If it's not then all the better.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary,
                      The Ozark Trails display was what inspired some of us to try this. I wish I had taken pictures, but I do remember some of what you had there. Unfortunately, some of these ideas are a bit much to get done in the time we have, but if this operation is successful maybe we can make it a club project to improve it next year. Success should mean that we also have more members to help.

Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Ozark Petunia volunteered to make some signs for our chapter table at the M.O.T.A.A. car show in June. She has asked me for suggestions on what to make and I am having trouble helping her. [:I] We have our chapter logo and some SDC logos. Anyone have any ideas? We need help getting the creative juices flowing.
                        We are trying to get the Studebaker word out at this all make show. Any other ideas for our display?
                        I can send you any artwork you might need, also have scans of ads that you could use. Plus get intouch with one of the Board Members and have them send you a bunch of the SDC pamphlets. Also have someone get intouch with the museum and have them send you some literature.

Not trying to drum up business but I can make you up some T-shirts that has a Studebaker logo and some wording like Studebaker ?? Just Ask Me!!

Ask Dick Qinn for some ASC pamphlets........ there is a lot you can do.
                        Bill G

Comment

For a table-top display you can get a folding 48"w x 36"h display board at Office Max for $7.49 to $13.

I used one of those last year for a table-top display promoting our 08 Zone Meet. You can print and paste logos, text and other items to create your "message".

Also, contact Richard Dormois and get a batch of "The Studebaker Story" brochure to hand out. It has a brief history of Studebaker and the SDC (and a membership application).

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
                          Woodbury, Minnesota
                          sigpic
                          Bob Shaw
                          Rush City, Minnesota
                          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Howard,
                            Let me remind you to plan on a windy day with any displays you use.

Everyone, Thank you for the ideas I am going to use some of them on our display in August when we set up our booth. Keep them coming.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

Ditto on the thank you. Your ideas really help. We will certainly try to use some in our display. Anybody else got a good idea?

Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X