Clear All

• More on Studebaker's Dirty Dozen

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Thanks for that, Dick!

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Mr Quinn,time for me to 'fess up! When I bought my Hawk in 2002,I received with it two large boxes of TW back issues-from the current month,back a full 10 years.
      The word 'almanac' was old fashioned to me,think'farmers almanac'and history was my least favorite subject-so I never read a single word of all those TW almanacs! Well,one morning I was out of reading material,picked up an old TW, and it fell open to the almanac. What I began reading was some of the best stuff I'd ever read since grade school!Very informative and entertaining.
      Yes!Over the next few weeks, I went back through every issue and read 99% of your wonderful writing in the 'old fashioned' almanac! Thank You so much for all that great reading material! Now if I could only REMEMBER 10% of it all! Thank You Sir!!

Oglesby,Il.
      "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Dick,I'm starting to feel & look like that original " dirty dozen " at 72 years young and an ex employee of Studebaker here in Melbourne.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
        MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Are you coming to Portland Jim?

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Dick, I read all of your musings as they are fascinating. I remember the picture and the article (just read it again) but never put two and two together until seeing it here again. Sorry for the memory lapse.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Skip Lackie

Comment

I recall us being responsible for many parts going NLA, like the 2R truck fog lights and hood nameplates.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Still have a nos 1960 wiring harness in that stash? They can't find those at Sasco yet..

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I recall us being responsible for many parts going NLA, like the 2R truck fog lights and hood nameplates.

JDP/Maryland
                    I don't think of myself as particularly selfish, but there is a selfish pleasure in grabbing the last one of something that you know other people will want. On the other hand, some of those "last ones" turned out to be garbage. (That's probably why they were still in the bin.) I got a whole set of C-cab weatherstripping during one of those visits to South Bend. It is now as hard as a rock, and nice soft reproduction weatherstripping is available.

"Still have a nos 1960 wiring harness in that stash? They can't find those at Sasco yet.."

I dunno about John, but I wasn't buying anything for resale. If I did, I would surely go broke, as I tend to buy high and sell low. So no, I don't have any wiring for a 60 Lark. In those days I was only buying parts for C-cab trucks and 64 Daytonas and Cruisers.

Skip Lackie
                    Washington DC
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

I've long regretted not laying in a case or two of those manual roll-up antennas. They were available from Newman & Altman for years at about $15 apiece![V] And GT Hawk grille shells! HOw I wish I'd had the foresight to squirrel a number of those away. Talk about your precious metals![:0][]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

Are you coming to Portland Jim?

John Clements
                        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                        Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John,After a phone call from Trevor Hughes last night I've now booked a room at Portland for the June weekend.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                        MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                        X