No announcement yet.

Put a Chevy in your Stude...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed a Big block Chevy in a 52 Studebaker truck in the late 70's using one of those mounts. If putting a Chevy V8 in a 51 and up car why not use the factory 65-6 Studebaker mount?

Comment

There was a guy in Atoka, OK that crammed a BBC in a C Cab truck. I loved that setup. Wish now that I'd done it myself.

Comment

1951 in Florida last week....superb car

Click image for larger version

Name:	1951 at Crystal River 2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1884508Click image for larger version

Name:	1951 at Crystal River 1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1884509
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

When I had my 54 3R11, I put a 350-350 in it. After a couple of years I built a 289 and put it in. It was fun to back into a parking place with the dual glass pack mufflers barking, get out and open the hood and say "surprise, got a Stude in it."

Comment

The front motor mount is not the pain in the butt. it is the driver side exhaust with the original steering column. Built many. I always used the corvette log manifold and cut off the flange and re-welded it. forget over the counter headers....wont work unless you modify.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraman428 View Post
              The front motor mount is not the pain in the butt. it is the driver side exhaust with the original steering column. Built many. I always used the corvette log manifold and cut off the flange and re-welded it. forget over the counter headers....wont work unless you modify.
              I used a ram horn exhaust manifold to clear the steering box.

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
                And I'm working on an adapter mount for those Harley-Davidson people that want to use a
                Suzuki engine to replace their old knucklehead engine.

They are so much better --- and you can get parts for them!

Just patiently hang in there Indian bike owners, I will help you next.

Lark Parker
                If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.
                We thought those were Heavy Duty - Ski mounts and sent to scrapper. Boxes labeled HD-SKI. Must of had a hundred of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Son O Lark View Post

We thought those were Heavy Duty - Ski mounts and sent to scrapper. Boxes labeled HD-SKI. Must of had a hundred of them.
                  Good post, Barry; thanks. We sure miss your Dad! BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                    Off topic, but I sure I sure miss some of the folks that posted in this thread!
                    Leonard is no longer with us, but at least Bob and Dick still are.

Comment

Working...
                    X