Grandson came to ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandson came to ride

I finally got my 51 starlite on the road. lots to finish but it is drivable.

Very pretty.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Love those Starlight coupes! I bet you are one happy fellow with your car on the road.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Looks like you've got some Deluxe or Regal trim package there. Makes mine look pretty plain. I can see the following trim upgrades that I don't have: Fender Spears, Hood Ornament, Radio Antenna, fully chromed bullet nose ring, chrome wheel covers... heck, I bet you even have turn signals!

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
        '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

The Stude is nice but enjoy that grandson. He will remember it.

Comment

It is a state model. The bullet ring is missing the painted trim piece. I still have more trim to install, including the dreaded windshield piece.
            The Grandson returned to Alaska this morning.
            Rob

Comment

Very neat picture. Enjoy your grandson and Stude. I'm sure he will be a future driver.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Our kids -- sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters -- are our club's future. Get them involved early, even if only to go for a ride. Our 5-year-old grandson, Aidan, always wants to help me work on Grace, our 5H-K5. Whenever possible, I give him jobs that he can do. Some of those jobs his small hands can do better than my full-sized ones. And 3-year-old Isaac is quite proud of himself when he can help his daddy "wrench" on Sam's '73 International Loadstar dump truck, Red Rusty.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                Hummelstown, PA
                Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                X