stupid questions revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Originally posted by 55Studebaker

I've also heard that a Lark was a Rambler and that a '50 Starlight coupe was a Ford

Last week, I was asked if it was Rambler... but the next day, a guy hollered at me from another gas pump, "Is that a '64 or a '65 Stude - I can never tell the difference?"
    He drove off before we could have a chat, I'm sorry to say.

Karl

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by 55Studebaker

I've also heard that a Lark was a Rambler and that a '50 Starlight coupe was a Ford

Last week, I was asked if it was Rambler... but the next day, a guy hollered at me from another gas pump, "Is that a '64 or a '65 Stude - I can never tell the difference?"
      He drove off before we could have a chat, I'm sorry to say.

Karl

Comment

quote:Originally posted by CKOT

what I can't understand is why some people come up to me when I am driving my Hawk, and try to tell me all about Studebakers (which is usually a mix of all the stuff emntioned above). I wouldn't dream of walking up to a Packard guy and start proclaiming all sorts of Packard info, I just don't get why anyone wouldn't think the driver would be knowledgeable of their own make of car.....

Chris Kot
        '63 GT Hawk
        '37 Dictator Rod Project
        Lots of weird ideas about Packard, like that they had 12 cylinder engines and power brakes in the 1930s and Studebaker engines in the 1950s.

Wonder why people come up with them?

Karl

Comment

quote:Originally posted by CKOT

what I can't understand is why some people come up to me when I am driving my Hawk, and try to tell me all about Studebakers (which is usually a mix of all the stuff emntioned above). I wouldn't dream of walking up to a Packard guy and start proclaiming all sorts of Packard info, I just don't get why anyone wouldn't think the driver would be knowledgeable of their own make of car.....

Chris Kot
          '63 GT Hawk
          '37 Dictator Rod Project
          Lots of weird ideas about Packard, like that they had 12 cylinder engines and power brakes in the 1930s and Studebaker engines in the 1950s.

Wonder why people come up with them?

Karl

Comment

I made a recent mistake. A older gentleman past away and his grandkids called me to come b and tell them what his old studebakers were worth. he had 5. 3 were 65's 1 2 door 2 4 door . 1 62 hawk 1 63 wagonaire.
            all had sit outside for years. the 2 4 door i think will pull apart when they go to move them. i gave them the low down. and told the the 3 where chevy power. They said no those are studebaker 283's. i again told them no. they then said there grandpa would argue with me if he was there that they were studebaker 283's. i assured them they were not and where chevy 283's. i told them to call when they decided to move them out and i would be more than glad to help them find a home. they have never called. they run demolition cars. i bet they will have some 283 powered ones next year, because i havent heard a word.

Erin Hays
            1961 Hawk
            1962 Lark
            1963 Wagonaire

Comment

I made a recent mistake. A older gentleman past away and his grandkids called me to come b and tell them what his old studebakers were worth. he had 5. 3 were 65's 1 2 door 2 4 door . 1 62 hawk 1 63 wagonaire.
              all had sit outside for years. the 2 4 door i think will pull apart when they go to move them. i gave them the low down. and told the the 3 where chevy power. They said no those are studebaker 283's. i again told them no. they then said there grandpa would argue with me if he was there that they were studebaker 283's. i assured them they were not and where chevy 283's. i told them to call when they decided to move them out and i would be more than glad to help them find a home. they have never called. they run demolition cars. i bet they will have some 283 powered ones next year, because i havent heard a word.

Erin Hays
              1961 Hawk
              1962 Lark
              1963 Wagonaire

Comment

A bunch of years ago when Robin was attending religious education we pulled up in the 56J and a kid in his teens walked over and asked us........... "Is that the NEW Mercedes?".

Try and explain why a Studebaker has a Packard engine.......see their faces go huh.

Comment

A bunch of years ago when Robin was attending religious education we pulled up in the 56J and a kid in his teens walked over and asked us........... "Is that the NEW Mercedes?".

Try and explain why a Studebaker has a Packard engine.......see their faces go huh.

Comment

Working...
                  X