stupid questions revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I've had that 289 in there is a Ford argument about a hundred times

another one I've heard is that a Lark only came with a 6 cylinder when the person making that argument was standing next to a '62 Lark VIII

I've also heard that a Lark was a Rambler and that a '50 Starlight coupe was a Ford

But people misreading car's is not just limited to Studebakers and Packards, I have a '78 Plymouth Super Coupe (Volare) and I even put a big MOPAR Decal on the back windshield because everyone asked "Thats a Chevy or a Pontiac right?", I still get asked that even with the big decal on the back! Some people are just plain ignorant even when things are blatantly labeld

1955 Studebaker President Street rod
    1960 Studebaker Lark 6 (project)
    1971 Avanti II (For Sale)
    1978 Plymouth Super Coupe (For sale in the near future)
    1978 Dodge Super Coupe (For Sale)
    1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Survivor (For Sale)
    John Reich

1955 Studebaker President
    1960 Studebaker Lark (For Sale)
    1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

Comment

well I've had that 289 in there is a Ford argument about a hundred times

another one I've heard is that a Lark only came with a 6 cylinder when the person making that argument was standing next to a '62 Lark VIII

I've also heard that a Lark was a Rambler and that a '50 Starlight coupe was a Ford

But people misreading car's is not just limited to Studebakers and Packards, I have a '78 Plymouth Super Coupe (Volare) and I even put a big MOPAR Decal on the back windshield because everyone asked "Thats a Chevy or a Pontiac right?", I still get asked that even with the big decal on the back! Some people are just plain ignorant even when things are blatantly labeld

1955 Studebaker President Street rod
      1960 Studebaker Lark 6 (project)
      1971 Avanti II (For Sale)
      1978 Plymouth Super Coupe (For sale in the near future)
      1978 Dodge Super Coupe (For Sale)
      1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Survivor (For Sale)
      John Reich

1955 Studebaker President
      1960 Studebaker Lark (For Sale)
      1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

Comment

John, you're supposing people know how to read. Not always the case, it seems.
        /H

Comment

John, you're supposing people know how to read. Not always the case, it seems.
          /H

Comment

On saturday at a car show a lady mistaked our 1950 Champion for an Edsel, I guess she isn't the only one to have done so.

Comment

On saturday at a car show a lady mistaked our 1950 Champion for an Edsel, I guess she isn't the only one to have done so.

Comment

You might tell them that the 289 Studebaker weights 650 pounds and the 289 Ford weights 460 pounds. How could the parts interchange.

[img=left]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/wagon56/49.jpg[/img=left] 48 7G-Q1 49 2R12 51 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

You might tell them that the 289 Studebaker weights 650 pounds and the 289 Ford weights 460 pounds. How could the parts interchange.

[img=left]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/wagon56/49.jpg[/img=left] 48 7G-Q1 49 2R12 51 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

One other element may feed the "Studebaker always used Chevy engines" belief: Young bucks looking at engine parts catalog listings see at the end of the Chevrolet listings this... (65-66 Studebaker) using the same parts...and we all know the conclusion...

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

One other element may feed the "Studebaker always used Chevy engines" belief: Young bucks looking at engine parts catalog listings see at the end of the Chevrolet listings this... (65-66 Studebaker) using the same parts...and we all know the conclusion...

KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Studebakers attract the "car experts" and people who knew or were related to some one that owned car just like the one you have. If this had been half true Studebaker was the second best selling car in the USA. If ignorance were money car shows and swap meets would be full of millionares. The fact is that a small amount of knowledge or worse wrong information tends to upset people that have a real understanding of the cars they own. My grandfather told me its of no use being stupid unless you can show it, best way to do this open your mouthand prove it.

Comment

Studebakers attract the "car experts" and people who knew or were related to some one that owned car just like the one you have. If this had been half true Studebaker was the second best selling car in the USA. If ignorance were money car shows and swap meets would be full of millionares. The fact is that a small amount of knowledge or worse wrong information tends to upset people that have a real understanding of the cars they own. My grandfather told me its of no use being stupid unless you can show it, best way to do this open your mouthand prove it.

Comment

These are what "urban legends" are made of..........

Glen Brose
                            East of Chino Valley, AZ
                            The Home of "Charlene"
                            53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

These are what "urban legends" are made of..........

Glen Brose
                              East of Chino Valley, AZ
                              The Home of "Charlene"
                              53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

I know that both of those examples are not real cars, but names can be confusing sometimes. I owned an Imperial that was not a Chrysler Imperial

Was it an Imperial made by Chrysler Corporation, or a Humber Imperial that was made by Rootes Group; a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Corporation?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X