Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    You might tell them that the 289 Studebaker weights 650 pounds and the 289 Ford weights 460 pounds. How could the parts interchange.

[img=left]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/wagon56/49.jpg[/img=left] 48 7G-Q1 49 2R12 51 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    You might tell them that the 289 Studebaker weights 650 pounds and the 289 Ford weights 460 pounds. How could the parts interchange.

[img=left]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/wagon56/49.jpg[/img=left] 48 7G-Q1 49 2R12 51 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Leave a comment:

• 1950Champ
    replied
    On saturday at a car show a lady mistaked our 1950 Champion for an Edsel, I guess she isn't the only one to have done so.

Leave a comment:

• 1950Champ
    replied
    On saturday at a car show a lady mistaked our 1950 Champion for an Edsel, I guess she isn't the only one to have done so.

Leave a comment:

• hank63
    replied
    John, you're supposing people know how to read. Not always the case, it seems.
    /H

Leave a comment:

• hank63
    replied
    John, you're supposing people know how to read. Not always the case, it seems.
    /H

Leave a comment:

• 55Studebaker
    replied
    well I've had that 289 in there is a Ford argument about a hundred times

another one I've heard is that a Lark only came with a 6 cylinder when the person making that argument was standing next to a '62 Lark VIII

I've also heard that a Lark was a Rambler and that a '50 Starlight coupe was a Ford

But people misreading car's is not just limited to Studebakers and Packards, I have a '78 Plymouth Super Coupe (Volare) and I even put a big MOPAR Decal on the back windshield because everyone asked "Thats a Chevy or a Pontiac right?", I still get asked that even with the big decal on the back! Some people are just plain ignorant even when things are blatantly labeld

1955 Studebaker President Street rod
    1960 Studebaker Lark 6 (project)
    1971 Avanti II (For Sale)
    1978 Plymouth Super Coupe (For sale in the near future)
    1978 Dodge Super Coupe (For Sale)
    1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Survivor (For Sale)

Leave a comment:

• 55Studebaker
    replied
    well I've had that 289 in there is a Ford argument about a hundred times

another one I've heard is that a Lark only came with a 6 cylinder when the person making that argument was standing next to a '62 Lark VIII

I've also heard that a Lark was a Rambler and that a '50 Starlight coupe was a Ford

But people misreading car's is not just limited to Studebakers and Packards, I have a '78 Plymouth Super Coupe (Volare) and I even put a big MOPAR Decal on the back windshield because everyone asked "Thats a Chevy or a Pontiac right?", I still get asked that even with the big decal on the back! Some people are just plain ignorant even when things are blatantly labeld

1955 Studebaker President Street rod
    1960 Studebaker Lark 6 (project)
    1971 Avanti II (For Sale)
    1978 Plymouth Super Coupe (For sale in the near future)
    1978 Dodge Super Coupe (For Sale)
    1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Survivor (For Sale)

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50

I was recently told by someone that their uncle had a Ford Studebaker years ago...

I remember when I was a kid, my father being told by this guy that he had a Lincoln Imperial... my father's reply was, "Those are really rare, can I come and see it?"

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    I know that both of those examples are not real cars, but names can be confusing sometimes. I owned an Imperial that was not a Chrysler Imperial and I rode in a 1934(?) V-16 Cadillac Imperial sedan (they made one that year).

Gary L.
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50

I was recently told by someone that their uncle had a Ford Studebaker years ago...

I remember when I was a kid, my father being told by this guy that he had a Lincoln Imperial... my father's reply was, "Those are really rare, can I come and see it?"

I know that both of those examples are not real cars, but names can be confusing sometimes. I owned an Imperial that was not a Chrysler Imperial and I rode in a 1934(?) V-16 Cadillac Imperial sedan (they made one that year).

Gary L.
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    Maybe, but not around here. Studebaker's are as rare as hen's teeth. In a solid year of driving mine daily, never seen another Studebaker on the road

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    Maybe, but not around here. Studebaker's are as rare as hen's teeth. In a solid year of driving mine daily, never seen another Studebaker on the road

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I bet for every one of those old Valiants you see one the road now, you'll see ten Studebakers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X