Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prod. order may not show where the car was sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it this was a non-Stude. with the overlooked dealer Prep. right?
    There were Studes. sold in 1967 you know!

quote:Originally posted by sumf

The only new car I ever bought was in 1967
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bill, the Retail Delivery Card, an IBM computer key punch card, even listed the salesman's social security card number. C. J. Pajakowski, a salesman at Newman & Altman, was the salesman of my 64 Hawk. His social security number is right there on the card. Some of these sales folks are probably still alive!

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

Sorry the picture is poor. I took it when I was 13 years old! Below is a better ( but not much!)picture when I had made some modifications. I was 16 when this picture was taken.

Just kidding Leonard..I love that color combo and the family history. You have so many rare, perfect condition literature posts that I had to razz you a little. Those legs I can take out of focus though!!! What a great memory shot. I still have range finder cameras on which you had to guess distance and didn't have the luxury of an actual through the lens focus ability. Those old Zeiss lenses were pretty darn forgiving, though.

Comment

When you get the card from the museum now, the S.S. number is blacked out. I'm OK with that (!).

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by ivorydan

Bill, the Retail Delivery Card, an IBM computer key punch card, even listed the salesman's social security card number. C. J. Pajakowski, a salesman at Newman & Altman, was the salesman of my 64 Hawk. His social security number is right there on the card. Some of these sales folks are probably still alive!
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Dave (Barnlark), I attribute my interest in our cars' histories to having no mechanical ability whatsoever! It's a 'replacement' interest I think!

The chance is quite good that the SNM will have the original-style punch card with the name of the original purchaser of your car. They have these, starting with the '60 model year. It will have the dealer number, and name and address of the original owner. As a favor to our friend Ted, I got his when I was at the archives back in late Feb. We haven't been able to locate any info on the owner. Unfortunately, his car's Retail Sales Record shows only a first initial with a last name, and a street address.

Congrats on the photos of your neat convertible and the accompanying article, in the latest TW!

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Great job Bill!!! What a sleuth. I'm going to have to sick you on my car's history.

Leonard, what the heck? My eyes hurt trying to bring that back in focus!
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
            X