Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

[quote
    I I didn't work the Whitehouse stuff until 1980, but that was with that new thing called 3/4 inch video. ABC news then and still at it. Like
    Did you ever work with David Hume Kennerly, he was Nixon and then Ford's photgrpher, then He came back to the White House for a while.

He was an intersting personality.

Comment

Great stories, Bill! Some amazing experiences; thanks for sharing them.

Too bad it holds the record for being the farthest OT any thread has ever veered![B)] We need a non-Stude page for things like this...

Oh yeah......[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

We did continue this off forum, sorry. It was a Stude "photo" topic, however. I always try to take pictures of Studes when out of town and discuss them. Maybe the original post should have been on Stove or the Member's Pics forum. Sorry to veer OT, questions weren't being answered so I went with the flow! I always figure it's like TV or radio on here; if I don't like the topic I can always go elsewhere and don't have to read it..

Comment

It's not a problem, just saying how far it had drifted... don't get me wrong- I enjoyed every post[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

So, Madd Doodler you still out there? We'd like to participate and sending a high quality digital image is the way to go for most of us. I still have my film cameras, but they are in hibernation. How can we help your great calender get some Larks in there? Like Bams asked, do they have to be restored original stock looking or can older, character filled versions get in there. Will I have to buy wide whites and lose my polished alloys to make it???

This is my vote from a previous thread for a "character filled" Lark..

[img][/img]

Comment

I guess most folks are now using better digital cameras. If a file is sent to me via email in a digital format I can use it. I have had a lot of folks sending digital photos that are printed out on inkjet printers and they don't work well when you reproduce them. I should have been more specific. Sorry... If you have a good digital file you can email it to me for consideration.
              The Studes do not have to be perfect. I do use modified as well. For those who have seen my calendars, now in the 12th year of production, you know I use a broad range of cars and trucks. I like then all.... even the forgotten ones.

Steve Grant
              a.k.a. the Madd Doodler

Steve Grant
              a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
              Kinzua Region Chapter
              1881 Grain Wagon
              1951 Champion Starlight
              1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
              1963 Daytona 2 dr htp
              Over 500 Studebaker toys
              Steve Grant
              madd_doodler@yahoo.com
              a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
              www.madddoodler.com
              Kinzua Region Chapter
              1881 Grain Wagon
              Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
              1955 Conestoga
              1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

There are plenty of bullet-noses out there for you, but I figured I would post a couple ones of ours since I still use film. (though not the most skilled, and rarely focused perfectly)

In the driveway, decorated for Christmas. Taken with a 35mm Agfa from 1955.

My strangest Studebaker setting...amongst DeLoreans. Taken with a 120mm Voigtlander that belonged to my grandfather.

Spence Gaskin

Comment

Steve--

They're digital, but Saturday morning I did a short photo shoot with my 62 Lark beside the still-standing Hamilton Studebaker assembly plant...will post a couple of the best of the shots on the forum once I have that batch of SD-card pix onto CD. Kind of a different setting for photos.

These three shots are digital now, but were 35mm initially:

My 62 Lark VI last December 1, in a trucking laneway off Burlington Street in Hamilton, the STUDEBAKER sign still legible on the north wall of the old plant in the background...

A photo from the late 80s, taken in front of WWII-era Hangar #4 at Mt.Hope (Hamilton) airport. Have always liked how this red GT Hawk jumps out at the viewer from the background of the dark green hangar doors...

And here's my nominee for Stude With Character...This beat-up 63 Lark hardtop, its career as a stocker over and done, finished its days as the signpost for Mosquito Speedway, a clay oval in remote Nolalu, Ontario...

BTW, have your '08 calendar on the wall at the bottom of the steps up to my loft/museum room. Most cool...

Cheers

Steve T (Hamilton, Ontario)

Comment

Steve,
                    I would love to help you but my car was honored to be Miss September last year. I have to start taking some pictures of Chapter members cars and trucks to help you.
                    Thank you for using my car last year.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

I love Steve T's photo of the GT Hawk.

Spence Gaskin

Comment

Working...
                      X