Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jewelry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jewelry

    I don't check the Studebaker Swap Page as often as I should. BAMS emailed me with a car posted there that he thought I'd be interested in. I'm over inventoried right now, but I checked it out anyway. Right above the ad for that car was some vintage engine dress up parts. I bought the following from that ad....



    These will go on the Ute's '55 President motor (thanks Gord!) along with the aluminum 2 x 2 intake with backdraft Stromberg WW's.

    2009 will be the 50th anniversary of the Ute's appearance in the National Roadster Show (Oakland Roadster Show). The show is now in Pomona and called the Grand National Roadster Show. I am lobbying to get the Ute into that show this coming February. Good incentive to get it done! [8D]


    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

  • #2
    Classic! I hope you get in the show. Too bad (for me) it is on the wrong coast!

    This picture is from Motor Trend magazine September '57 of a customized Studebaker.



    Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Lookin good there! Let us know if you get the invitation to the show. All these years I've heard of the Oakland show, but only recently found out its in Pomona now. Just a hop, skip & a jump from me here!
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

      Comment


      • #4
        I gotta get me one of them "ram thrust booster system in the tail pipes"






        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

        Comment


        • #5
          You had better get a lottery ticket. With the luck of finding thse parts you will surely WIN.

          studedick from the lower Ozarks

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
            2009 will be the 50th anniversary of the Ute's appearance in the National Roadster Show (Oakland Roadster Show). The show is now in Pomona and called the Grand National Roadster Show. I am lobbying to get the Ute into that show this coming February. Good incentive to get it done! [8D]


            Man, they ought to pay your expenses to get the car to that 50th Anniversary Show, Dick. What a great retro car to be displayed 50 years after its original appearance.[8D] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

            Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

            G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Good for you, Dick! I thought about that stuff, but didn't really have a use for them. Looks like a good catch!





              Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

              "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

              "With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"



              Comment


              • #8
                And BTW, you misspelled the title... nowadays it's spelled "jirry"



                Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

                "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                "With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"



                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                  Man, they ought to pay your expenses to get the car to that 50th Anniversary Show, Dick.
                  Actually, they do (if the car is accepted). This year they paid $.40/mile...probably more next year with the increased price of gas. It would be a 1250 mile (one way) tow for me. At this year's rate, that's $1000 total. Should cover fuel at least.




                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

                    quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                    Man, they ought to pay your expenses to get the car to that 50th Anniversary Show, Dick.
                    Actually, they do (if the car is accepted). This year they paid $.40/mile...probably more next year with the increased price of gas. It would be a 1250 mile (one way) tow for me. At this year's rate, that's $1000 total. Should cover fuel at least.




                    COOL BEANS!
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                    Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                    G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X