Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not even a rookie, but I know what I like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait till you get it to its first cruise and people come up and ask questions, or you are driving down the street and suddenly realize people are pointing at you! LOL
    Studebakers are about the best conversation pieces there are.

Mike
    www.packardhawk.com

Comment

Okay, this is ticking me off now. Can't figure out the photos thing, following directions. erggggggg I'm using Flickr, anybody else have problems with it? The pics are resized to under 100k each.

Comment

I say welcome also... as time goes on you'll see I'm one of the biggest Lark lovers here.

Sorry, your pictures didn't work

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Switched to Photobucket. Sorry for all the non-picture posts. Here he is!!

Comment

wow, great find. I wouldn't even change the color, but that's just me. A tuneup/brake job, fresh fluids, some fresh chrome on the bumpers, and a little "lark shine" and you have you a driver, hopefully. I might consider swapping to a dual circuit master cylinder (not hard) for a little help with the stopping.

There's lots of '62 owners and former owners (myself included) reading these forums, so don't be afraid to ask questions as you dig into it.

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Hi Lori
              Welcome to this forum, Lori. Since your car has Alberta plates on it, I'm presuming that is where you are. Calgary? Edmonton? SDC member Gord Richmond can often be found on this forum(gordr). He lives in the bustling metropolis of Trochu, Alberta(wherever that is). There isn't much he doesn't know about Studes,so look him up. Nice car, by the way. I had a 62 that was the reverse colour of yours, red outside and grey inside.

Terry Godkin
              Surrey BC

Comment

forgot to mention, I ought to have a '62 radio plate kicking around somewhere if you want to put a radio in the car.

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                --
                55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Great purchase and I like the color combo too. I would "lark shine" that thing for the time being and work on other things. Great original condition. Someone cared for a long time, so good eye and catch. There is a clock on ebay right now that will fit right in that dash where the round delete plate is. If you need a working clock connection I found a great contact. I like a good radio when I am not just listening to my engine and I hid mine and installed an original radio in the dash, too. I chose the cheaper stock version because it has the Studebaker name on it, so it serves my needs. I have a delete plate, but a Delco radio looks like it belongs there. Careful with dog claws on that original interior!

Comment

Lori--

"Love That Lark"! Looks like a near-twin to one of the Larks in our local chapter--if the paint's the same shade, absolutely, get it polished. That colour is gorgeous with a shine on it. The silver-grey 62 around here has an amazing history: stored indoors for 40 years in Michigan, never licenced, until bought by an Ontarian in 2002. The next/current owner is a gent in our local chapter, and basically was smitten with the car just as you were with yours. Excepting tires and a seal or two, this car is exactly as it came off the line, and absolutely pristine. Main difference vis-a-vis yours is that the local one has a grey interior rather than the red in yours.

Oh, and the matter of a name. May I suggest "Harry"? Two reasons: (1) Harold Churchill (theoretically "Harry", though I've never heard his name "diminutized" that way) was the Studebaker prez who fostered the original Lark; (2) Sherwood Egbert, middle name "Harry", the next prez along, brought in Brooks Stevens to redesign the Lark (and create the GT Hawk) for 1962...

Cheers

Steve T

Comment

Lori,

He IS a very, very cool car!

I wish I had-of, had a car that complete, and original, when I started mine... Oh well.

It just cost me some "Green Oil" to get to where you're starting from.

Great Buy,

Steve

Comment

Steve T: My middle name is Harry and hadn't any idea anyone thought it was cool, or had a Stude connection with Egbert. Long British family tradition, so I inherited it as a junior. What do you think Boogsie?

Comment

Working...
                        X