No announcement yet.

random questions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocknne10, Thanks, I don't have my catalog yet, and I missed that on the site. I know the 53/54 lenses are different, but are they interchangeable?
    Grill panel, OK. sorry for the misnomer.
    Anyone have a grill panel or a good pic of one?

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
    "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oldguy829

rocknne10, Thanks, I don't have my catalog yet, and I missed that on the site. I know the 53/54 lenses are different, but are they interchangeable?
      Grill panel, OK. sorry for the misnomer.
      Anyone have a grill panel or a good pic of one?
      The 53 54 C/K lenses are not interchangeable (the 53 lens won't fit in the 54 body and visa versa)

ANY front sheet metal part for a 53-54 C/K is VERY hard to find and expensive when you do find them. Keep networking and good luck.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

At least around here, parkways were built to connect various parks. The parkways were meant to be used for a leisure drive, like for a Sunday outing to a day at a park. Now, the parkways are used mostly for commuter traffic.
        Driveways are meant to be a means to get your vehicle between the road and your garage. I don't park on my driveway, except to wash a car.

I remember my 1940 Studebaker President as having electric windshield wipers.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My 41 President has electric wipers, as did the Commander. Not positive but the some 39 models may have had.
          Ed

Comment

Thanks Dick, I find these little details fascinating. Yes, I'm finding some things unobtainium.
            I need a pair of taillight housings. Just good enought to be prepped and painted. Don't care if they are 53 or 54, but they have to be the same right? That should be doable.
            As for the grill panel. I have a good one from a 55 sedan that I think could be cut and modified to fit the coupe, but it would sure help to have a picture of what the original looked like.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
            "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

Working...
            X