New Lark in the fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lark in the fleet

I arrived home from California last night.

I picked up the '62 Lark I had bought a couple of months earlier. This is really a sweet little car. Absolutely no rust (shiny floors), almost no dents even. 259, auto, PS, PB, reclining seats, new dual exhaust, new shocks, new tires. It was a daily driver until January when it discovered a mysterious knock (rod bearing or flex plate I think). I was going to fix the knock and "flip it", but now I don't know. A quick paint job, JP's seat covers, and it would make a nifty and unique grocery getter for me (the grocery store is only a block away ).

Here it is this morning still on the trailer...

Still has the original $500 ( ) black California plates and the Frost and French license frame...

I left Chico, CA yesterday AM (early). Stops in Redding, Grants Pass, Vancouver, WA, and Olympia to deliver parts. 15 hours later ( [xx(] ) I was home.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
    A quick paint job .....
    [?][?][?][?]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

darn! That's one heck of a driving marathon! Cool car tho! Even has a Dept of Defense license plate as well. Agent double Oh Nine's plate![:0]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Real nice! Sort of rare not being a Daytona.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Looks good from here.
          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Doggone! Another nice rust-free Daytona. They are coming out of the woodwork.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

[?][?][?][?]

Lark Shine (pat. pend.) seems to only work on original Studebaker paint.

This car has had one repaint. I'm getting pretty good at prepping a car for paint (with coaching from my young Wyo Tech grad friend) and have a standing deal with a pro with an expensive down draft paint booth to shoot it reasonably.

Of course then I'd HAVE to restore the wheel covers, have some of the chrome redone, detail the engine compartment, etc...etc...... It's a slippery slope [^]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

You KNOW I'd have to look[^] Good thing it's not a 3 O/D, or I'd be after it[8D]

You are livin the dream, Dick! It's gota be a blast being in such (relatively) close proximity to all these clean Studes! Find me a nice 4 dr with O/D[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

you know, I think I like the Regal side trim better than the Daytona. That would be a great car for a 5-speed swap

nate

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

you know, I think I like the Regal side trim better than the Daytona.
                    I was thinking the same thing...and I REALLY like the Daytona butterknife trim

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

eh... I like the '62 Daytona trim fine, but I'm not nuts about the '63 - too much. But the '62 Regal, I really like. Plus the '62 Regal dash is probably the nicest looking dash of a non-CK Stude as well.

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Nice to see someone kept it running all these years and didn't mangle the body. What a solid looking car. Great pick up, Dick. Waiting to see the magic touch work it's way on this one. Great plates, too..

Comment

I agree with those above about the Daytona trim. I like the way it enhances the lines down the side of the car. Go with the Daytona trim fer sher.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

I've seen this car when Dick stopped in Grants Pass to deliver a luggage rack to me.
                            It is really as nice as Dick describes it. Nice car, nice find!
                            Once again Dick, many thanks, and the next time you are southbound on I-5 in my area, I owe ya b/fast or lunch!!

George
                            Grants Pass, Oregon
                            65 Commander 2door
                            64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
                            63 Champ
                            63 GT Hawk
                            51 Champion Starlight Coupe
                            George King
                            Grants Pass, Oregon
                            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Love it, love it, love it!

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X