No announcement yet.

New Lark in the fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great find. I think mine may have been that color [?] I am pleased that another lark has found a good nesting spot.
    Tracy

Can't wait to drive my V-8!
    '63 Lark

Comment

Dick--

Surely your 62 wasn't a Hamilton car, having been sold in California...but that colo(u)r looks very like the elusive, supposedly Canada-only P6218 Metallic Blue my 62 originally wore (and which is still visible on the firewall). Is the paint on yours its original coat?

As the ad said, Love That Lark!

Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Dick--

Surely your 62 wasn't a Hamilton car, having been sold in California...but that colo(u)r looks very like the elusive, supposedly Canada-only P6218 Metallic Blue my 62 originally wore (and which is still visible on the firewall). Is the paint on yours its original coat?
        SN is 62V5497, so not a Hamilton car. It has been repainted once, but appears to be in the original color (or close to it). The door jams, floors, etc. were not repainted.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

FWIW, SASCO also has piles of NOS '62 Lark door panels.

Not a lot of '63 stuff, however. (Ask me how I know.)

One good thing about Larks and Sedans. There's SO much that can still be bought new. [^]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Matt. My body guy says "piece of cake" to take that dent out of the left corner of the front panel, so I'll probably pass on that. I did buy a new one ($50 I think) for a '62 wagon I had.

On the door panels, will they go through the stack and find the right color and model?

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:
              On the door panels, will they go through the stack and find the right color and model?
              I really don't know, but a call to Dennis wouldn't hurt. I know I spent a couple of hours last year looking for a complete set of '63 two door panels, to no avail. I lost count of the '62 two door panels tho! [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The 62 Lark convertible that I bought in the 80s had the same door panels, and I bought new ones from SASCO, but that was decades ago. I also painted the car a similar color as yours.

Leonard Shepherd
                http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Here is a photo from the Straustown Lions Club meet year before last. Car is one of the Keystone Chapter members. I think it is mostly original - down to the seat covers.

Cannot be too many of these Regal hardtops floating around...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                  [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 62champ

Here is a photo from the Straustown Lions Club meet year before last. Car is one of the Keystone Chapter members. I think it is mostly original - down to the seat covers.
                    Beautiful! [] Now THERE'S some motivation for me [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Regarding the 62 door panels. My brother picked some up for me at SASCO . They are not my color, but will dye just fine. If I remember the front and rear set was about $85.00.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                      X