Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure a Skytop is for me after all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure a Skytop is for me after all...

I happen upon a 62 Lark brochure I hadn't looked at in some time. I got to the page with the Lark hardtop. In the text it says- direct quote-

"A happy choice for the young and gay! Gayer still with Lark's exclusive optional Skytop sunroof."

[:I]

I don't know how I missed this before! Maybe I need to reconsider my r2 clone project... don't want to give an incorrect impression on the street[:0]

Wonder if straight guys drive r2 Wagonaires?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Go ahead with the project Bams, And paint it PINK. I recently saw a tough looking Red Neck type guy with a pink T shirt that said "Tough Guys Can Wear Pink!"

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Aother reason to stick with a good, solid Studebaker Transtar! [}]

It's a "Haul of Famer" with "Big Truck Brawn... Power & Payload". and, it has "Husky New Truck Styling!" [^][8D]

No chance of an incorrect impression here... [)]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Could be worse, could be a Hybrid too.

Comment

There's a local guy here with a Pepto Pink '62 Lark. Four door sedan, OHV 6, and auto trans. Has power steering too. The interior is pink and white. It's a sight to see.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

There's a local guy here with a Pepto Pink '62 Lark. Four door sedan, OHV 6, and auto trans. Has power steering too. The interior is pink and white. It's a sight to see.
            I'm not too sure its a sight I want to see.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Oh come on Bams, I don't think anyone will question your masculinity! Have some fun, go for it. Maybe the guy that wrote that had a few bars at the Gay Bar, which is of course in Gay, Michigan.

Tim K.
              '64 R2 GT Hawk
              Tim K.
              \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

CHAMPIONS RULE!

No need for questions.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Gotta love that copy! There's lots of funny copy from those days that makes me chuckle- my sig. line, for example[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61hawk

Could be worse, could be a Hybrid too.
                    Actually, mine is sort of a hybrid- 62 body, r2 engine, Mustang trans........

Luckily, no $6K battery pack in the trunk....

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Even the Flintstone song has that in it... I know you aren't serious, so lets see that skytop done, pal, quit stalling! We want pictures of some serious body work this summer, Bams.
                      Two more things..as my neighbor explained one day about the color his wife chose for his house, "it's not pink, it's coral!" ...and a Stude truck doesn't always spell straight. Since this thread is probably violating some P.C. rules, I'll stop before I get yelled at, too!

Comment

Of course "Gay" was quite a compliment in the old days describing someone who was happy and carefree and pleasant to be with.

Just like Bams I imagine.

John Clements
                        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                        Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks, John, by your description I'd like to think it does fit!

Barnlark- I have been picking away at it some... after all, it's on stands in my middle bay in the garage[xx(] I'm taking lots of pictures as I go...

One of my hopes for Lancaster is a big turnout for Lark, especially Daytonas; I'm waiting till then to make a final decision on color.

So, I have time

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

How did Seinfeld say it?.... "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"[:X]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hee hee!

Actually I was looking fairly seriously at a Pepto-pink '63 Lark four-door at the same time as I was checking out the blue '62 I now own. The '63 had a Chev 305 and GM floor-control auto in it. Figured I'd cruise it for one season in pink, then get it painted some less protrusive shade for the longer term...Neighbours would probably not have been too pleased that first year. They like Betty though. Think I made the right choice.

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X