X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stude freak
    replied
    Fry them in crisco no cholesterol. They goodall by themselves or between 2 slices of bread.Ijust picked a dozen sat frying some for supper tonight. The rest will go in a green tomato relish.Yassah lip smackin good.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Fry them in crisco no cholesterol. They goodall by themselves or between 2 slices of bread.Ijust picked a dozen sat frying some for supper tonight. The rest will go in a green tomato relish.Yassah lip smackin good.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    Matt-I live in Ohio but when I go to my daughters home in Cumming, GA sometimes we go to Social Circle to the Blue Willow Inn-famous for its fried green tomatoes and Southern fried chicken. Thats when I forget about my cholesterol problems.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    Matt-I live in Ohio but when I go to my daughters home in Cumming, GA sometimes we go to Social Circle to the Blue Willow Inn-famous for its fried green tomatoes and Southern fried chicken. Thats when I forget about my cholesterol problems.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Geez Gary! Stick to Stude advice![}] That sounds good enough that once you had them, your only worry would be if you'd live to have them a second time![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Geez Gary! Stick to Stude advice![}] That sounds good enough that once you had them, your only worry would be if you'd live to have them a second time![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    My cholestrol just jumped 50 points reading it.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    My cholestrol just jumped 50 points reading it.

Leave a comment:

• garyash
    replied
    Fried green tomatoes:
    Slice a hard, green tomato into slices 3/8-1/2" thick.
    Sprinkle with a little sugar, salt, & pepper.
    Dredge in flour.
    Fry in enough hot fat to cover the bottom of an iron skillet - bacon grease is best, butter will do. Brown on both sides.
    Serve hot with breakfast, lunch, dinner or any time.

Yummy!

Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass. (but raised in Maryland on Eastern Sho' tomatoes)

Leave a comment:

• garyash
    replied
    Fried green tomatoes:
    Slice a hard, green tomato into slices 3/8-1/2" thick.
    Sprinkle with a little sugar, salt, & pepper.
    Dredge in flour.
    Fry in enough hot fat to cover the bottom of an iron skillet - bacon grease is best, butter will do. Brown on both sides.
    Serve hot with breakfast, lunch, dinner or any time.

Yummy!

Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass. (but raised in Maryland on Eastern Sho' tomatoes)

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Hey Bams, they're pretty good! I live just a couple of hours from the Whislte Stop Cafre, and been there several times. I think we have a chapter meeting planned there next year sometime. Don't worry, I'll get lots of pics with the cafe and Studes together. [8D]

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Hey Bams, they're pretty good! I live just a couple of hours from the Whislte Stop Cafre, and been there several times. I think we have a chapter meeting planned there next year sometime. Don't worry, I'll get lots of pics with the cafe and Studes together. [8D]

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I'm not a tomato fan (unless it's in soup, sauce, or chili) but have wanted to try a "fried green tomato" ever since I saw the movie by that name...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I'm not a tomato fan (unless it's in soup, sauce, or chili) but have wanted to try a "fried green tomato" ever since I saw the movie by that name...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Ya....its just a name that was given to my truck and it's kind of stuck with it.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

Leave a comment:

Working...
X