CARPET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARPET

I have a nos black front carpet for my 65 Daytona Sport Sedan, and have been trying to locate a nos black rear carpet to match, with no success.
    Who offers the best and the closest look alike to what Studebaker had in them, as I will have to probably purchase the full set to do it right?
    Thanks for your advice
    Paul Lausch

I sell the loop pile sets for $240/$20 UPS that pass the judges at shows. I can do plusher sets for $350 or try Phantom Autoworks too.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks for your reply John. I knew that you sold carpets, and am not biased to anyone. I was just looking for opinions as per my post. Thanks again for your help.
      Paul Lausch

Comment

I don't know how my carpets compare to the competition since I buy mine from me.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I sell the loop pile sets for $240/$20 UPS that pass the judges at shows. I can do plusher sets for $350 or try Phantom Autoworks too.

JDP/Maryland
          John,

I bought one of your loop pile carpet sets for my '64 Cruiser and am very pleased with the quality and fit. Do you make matching carpet trunk liners? I don't think such a thing was available for Studebakers other than the Avanti, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I think vinyl liners were available with a matching cover for the spare tire for the Hawks. Maybe they were also available for the Lark sedans. If so, wouldn't this be a good start on a pattern for ones made from carpet?

Dale

Comment

I could make trunk carpet, but I don't recommend it unless you really want a rusty trunk. I'll just be a big sponge to hold water.
            The vendors sell the correct Lark mat. (like the Hawk)
            JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I could make trunk carpet, but I don't recommend it unless you really want a rusty trunk. I'll just be a big sponge to hold water.
              The vendors sell the correct Lark mat. (like the Hawk)
              JDP/Maryland
              That is what happened with the homemade carpet that was in the car's trunk - rusty floor and moldy carpet. I was hoping to be able to stop water from getting in there but so far haven't succeeded despite careful caulking. A vinyl mat will definitely be preferable if water continues to find its way inside. Nice to know that Studebaker made a trunk mat for this car and the vendors have them. I will probably go that route. Thanks for replying.

Dale
              Fairbanks, Alaska

Comment

There was carpet in the trunk of my 62, when I got it. What a mess. They are good at holding moisture. Carpet is out, rust is out, new metal is in, with a mat on top of it. When it is really humid out, I leave the trunk open in the garage. I am paranoid of allowing conditions that will allow rust back into this vehicle. Yeah, I know, "good luck", but you gotta try............

Comment

00RACER,

Do you want to sell the front carpet?

Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  '60 Lark HT
                  '63 Wagonaire
                  Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  \'60 Lark HT