X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM RIP?

Brace yourself. Things are going to get interesting:
    http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/con...0883/index.php

As an employee at a GM dealer, I am glad I left Toyota on good terms!

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

If you are old enough to remember Ike being president you may remember the slogan, "As GM goes so goes the nation". Prophetic?

Comment

If you are old enough to remember Ike being president you may remember the slogan, "As GM goes so goes the nation". Prophetic?

Comment

I thought Ford would go first, does not look thst way now. Can you imagine a Chevrolet coming to one of our Orph mets?

Comment

I thought Ford would go first, does not look thst way now. Can you imagine a Chevrolet coming to one of our Orph mets?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bunzard

Yes. And terrifying.

Proud Owner of the one and only 1963 BEND OVER POOP HAWK!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bunzard

Yes. And terrifying.

Proud Owner of the one and only 1963 BEND OVER POOP HAWK!

Comment

Hi
                Just read the editorial, is this S-P Spring-Summer 1956 now for GM?
                It looks to be a critical turning point for the auto industry, a great turning of history.
                Only this time it will have farther reaching bad affects on the overall economy than anyone can now foresee.
                Steve

Comment

Hi
                  Just read the editorial, is this S-P Spring-Summer 1956 now for GM?
                  It looks to be a critical turning point for the auto industry, a great turning of history.
                  Only this time it will have farther reaching bad affects on the overall economy than anyone can now foresee.
                  Steve

Comment

Shows what clueless senior management, engineers hamstrung by bean counters, frequently indiffferent assembly workers, greedy unions who thought the golden calf would last foreever, and uncaring (and occasionally crooked) dealers will do.

In other words...there is enough blame to go around.
                    Don't worry..GM wil not go under. If Chrysler survived the 70s...GM will do so now.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Shows what clueless senior management, engineers hamstrung by bean counters, frequently indiffferent assembly workers, greedy unions who thought the golden calf would last foreever, and uncaring (and occasionally crooked) dealers will do.

In other words...there is enough blame to go around.
                      Don't worry..GM wil not go under. If Chrysler survived the 70s...GM will do so now.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

See? This is what happens when you take away chrome trim, wing windows and direct venting to the outside without a fan! And then to stop offering hardtops, well, I'm surprised it took this long!
                        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

See? This is what happens when you take away chrome trim, wing windows and direct venting to the outside without a fan! And then to stop offering hardtops, well, I'm surprised it took this long!
                          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Throw in catalytic converters, fuel injection and plastic wheel covers and you've got a recipie for doom![xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President 2-dr
                            1955 President State
                            1951 Champion Biz cpe
                            1963 Daytona project FS
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Throw in catalytic converters, fuel injection and plastic wheel covers and you've got a recipie for doom![xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President 2-dr
                              1955 President State
                              1951 Champion Biz cpe
                              1963 Daytona project FS
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X