Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Well, I posted that "ad" yesterday, the 29th. If I don't get anyone stepping up by May 7th, I'll start responding to inquiries for parts.
    It made me sick to watch as the other Wagonaire body rode off into the sunset two days ago (I wish I'd had a camera, because it literally DID ride the back of the scrapper's truck into the setting sun.[V]) After they turned and disappeared down the main road, I mentally replayed my decisions as to what to keep off of it and what to let go. The rolling chassis' still here. I kept it.... well... 'cause I could. From what I was told, it's rear axle's sick inside and the front suspension's tired, but it has that X-member frame and it's solid and straight. Too, it's less of an eyesore and is fairly easy to move, given it's still on wheels. Maybe someone will come to it's eventual rescue. I don't want to, but I sorta doubt it. Maybe it'll go the way of the body after my body gives out.[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I agree that it's a good thing that you're giving it a chance to survive. I would love to have it here, but $2500 with shipping is just too much for me[V]

I hope someone can jump in and save this car. I believe I heard somwhere that they've stopped producing these

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
    It's worth more as parts, but if someone wanted to save it..... Factory 4-spd, disc brakes, power tailgate window. ALWAYS a California car. Sold new
    Bob, I'm glad to see you're starting by offering it complete for sale first before parting it out. If I didn't already have enough irons in the fire, I'd be serious about it myself. I certainly hope someone does jump on it to restore as its definitely a rare one!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• steve_smith54
    replied
    There are some people who just can't keep their noses out of other people's business. My first inclination would be to cut their extra long noses off, but I guess one would get in less trouble for kicking them in the [expletive deleted]!

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Bob, if this was September, I'd be all over that. I'd love a Wagonaire and add to it that it's a 4-speed....[]. Unfortunately it's not September, so...

I hope someone gives it a good home with the idea of restoring it. There can't be to many 4-speed wagons that were built, let alone still surviving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Here's the deal. I've had a number of requests for parts from this thing + knowing that it's probably a rare car, the way it's configured - is there anyone that want's to offer me something for the WHOLE car??? The original bucket seats and console are gone as is the radio and glove box (vanity). But it's a pretty solid car (as Wagonaires go) if someone were interested. I even have a straight, solid RF fender to go with it as the one on the car's a bit bent. $1K and it's yours. Otherwise, I part it out. It's worth more as parts, but if someone wanted to save it..... Factory 4-spd, disc brakes, power tailgate window. ALWAYS a California car. Sold new outta Fresno.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I have been hauling around a 4 speed out of an Avanti on the floor of my rollback for 4 years. May be time to clean out the truck and do something with it.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    You'll have to get in line, Tom.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Bob, if you get bored with that 4-speed set up, I'd be willing to adopt it and give it a good home .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    What ever happened to the good old days?back in 83,84 the town got after my Father for having about 15 Studebakers,some his and some mine.they said he had a (JUNKYARD)and had to get rid of all of it!well being that he never sat down to any authority,he quickly did his home work.went to the townhall and said to the fella,I see you drive a late model Buick Lasabre and can get any parts you want at the drop of a hat!,I can't so I intend to keep those Studebakers exactly where they are.here's the best part-he tells him according to the State we're in (CT.) a junkyard sells to the public,I do'nt.they are fenced in and can'nt be seen from the public,I'm not fenced in and can be seen by the public.and the 3rd was something to do with being or not being easy access from a major highway,what ever it was we were the opposite(3 STRIKES AND THEY'RE OUT!)and then goes on to tell the fella,did you know this State has a provision for taxing me on non registered motor vehicals? as the man started chokeing for words my Father said(NOW DO SO AND GET OFF MY BACK,OR I'll SEE YOU IN COURT!!!)we always figured the town did'nt want to spend money in court,and they dropped the whole thing and Dad never heard another word!boy those sure were some good times.

Joseph R. Zeiger

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Heck, I'd love to have the whole 4 speed setup. []

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Biggs..... I'll buy the yoke between the steering wheel and the column . need it for my wagonaire that I've install a 4 sp. Thanks

Ebon...

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Good for your mom, Jeff! When they jumped me some years ago, I found out that getting them judged as legal to keep meant that they had to start by whatever means it took and be able to drag themselves 10 feet. Didn't even have to have a BODY or anything. Tire's could be rotting off the wheels, so long as they'd wobble their way 10 feet.
    When I realized that, I made it known that as each one was certified a keeper - I was gonna park them right along the drive where my neighbors could monitor them easier - easier than trespassing in the walnut grove behind our place to get a glimpse of them.[}] I never heard from the county again.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Jeff T.
    replied
    I had to clean up my Lark parts cars when my parents acreage fell into the three mile buffer of Lincoln, NE a few years ago. had to give away or scrap some Champ and Lark items. Now through annexations the city limits are the other side of their north fence.

Just recently a neighborhood do gooder went after my mother's rusty 1980 Buick because someone noticed (drove 50-100 feet into my parent's yard)that the license had expired and it looked "bad" My parents got a visit from a county sheriff telling them they had 21 days to dispose or license it. My Mom being an old Army retiree(imagine being raised by a real drill sargent)didn't like that a neighbor went on her property and (via law enforcement) was telling her what she could do on her property...

Mom did buy new tags and she parked the car in an obvious place. The car still looks bad but the county got their money and the nosey neighbor can look at the buick all that they want. Mom will get rid of the car in her time, not before.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by oldguy829

There is also the "proactive" approach. Our small city started to be a popular place for "estates" a million and up. Volunteered for the zoning board and later served on city council...
    I like your approach to the problem. Much better than just being a "victim". [^]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X