No announcement yet.

My Hawk to be in movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a production company in town that makes low budget straight to DVD/Military bases & subs/foreign market films.
    I've never heard of a car casting call from them, it might be fun to do.
    But, I doubt if they pay $200 a day for car, and lunch would probably be a McDonalds 89 cent hanburger.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I just heard things didn't go as well today. They shot on a second site this afternoon so all of the tents, and the caterers were set up over there. The extras were pissed because it's 95 degrees outside, clear and very little shade to be found. One of the crew members said this was the most unprofessional shoot she's done, and that the extras were treated horribly compared to other movies she's worked on. People were talking about how it seemed like they were making up scenes as they went along. The crew member said that there should have been an air conditioned tent for the extras... the wardrobe lady was freaking out because everybody was sweating through their clothes... so I expect to see serious pit stains in most of these scenes.

We were comparing things wrong with the scene:
      1) The movie takes place in the late 1950's - early 1960's
      a) Prices on the menu board were Hamburger - $1.50, Hot Dog - $1.00, etc...
      b) The main car in this scene is a 1968 Caprice Classic convertible
      c) There is a Visa/MC/Discover sticker on the takeout window
      d) Several of the girls in the scene were wearing flip-flops
      e) Period correct motorcycle for the cop, but he's wearing a modern looking helmet

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61hawk

The only other big name in these scenes was Beverly DeAngelo, she was there just during the morning.

PITA or not, it should be fun to see the car in the finished movie.

A little OT, how did Beverly look? I always had a crush on her when she played Ellen Griswold in the National Lampoon's Vacation movies; in fact, I just saw the first one again over the weekend- one of my favorites, since I AM Clark W. Griswold[)] She was as cute (and slightly annoying) as ever!

Of course, that was 25 years ago....... which makes me wonder how she's aged......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
          A little OT, how did Beverly look? I always had a crush on her when she played Ellen Griswold in the National Lampoon's Vacation movies; in fact, I just saw the first one again over the weekend- one of my favorites, since I AM Clark W. Griswold[)] She was as cute (and slightly annoying) as ever!

Ask Ellen if she can get me a deal on a green Wagon Queen Family Truckster
          ...or even better, the "front wheel drive sleigh" Clark drove to get the Christmas tree. I'd love a second series (92 and later), first-generation Taurus with wood sides...

"Made pretty good time..."

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61hawk

The only other big name in these scenes was Beverly DeAngelo, she was there just during the morning.

PITA or not, it should be fun to see the car in the finished movie.

Of course, that was 25 years ago....... which makes me wonder how she's aged......
            I was just talking to a friend of mine, it seems they pulled my car out into the middle of the parking lot and did several short shots through the windows of Jessica doing spins and leg work on her roller skates. The girl can skate.

EDIT: I talked to the guy who was in charge of the vehicles, he said they shot these scenes by tilting the driver's seat back and actually put the camera inside my car... of course I wasn't there to take a picture of all this.

Beverly DeAngelo didn't look bad, you could tell she was older (probably late 50's) but you could tell it was her... I'd say she's aged pretty well. The costume they had on her wasn't the most flattering... an oversized untucked white t-shirt with baby blue sweatpants. She looked like she just walked out of Walmart.

Comment

As of about noon on June 16th...

Comment

Oh yeah... that's my girl...[:X] I'd like to meet her some day... guess I'll have to settle for The Fonz (Henry Winkler) and Cindy Williams next month... you can bet there'll be pictures[8D]

Keep us posted on the movie when it comes out; I'd like to see how they use your car.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Ask Ellen if she can get me a deal on a green Wagon Queen Family Truckster
                  ...or even better, the "front wheel drive sleigh" Clark drove to get the Christmas tree. I'd love a second series (92 and later), first-generation Taurus with wood sides...
                  Forgive this OT to JBOYLE: There is a whole following for the Wagon Queen Family Truckster, including guys who built/are building recreations. I have a link if anyone's interested, but am already way OT[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

That Caprice looks completely out of place for that time period. I could have used my car with Beverly and look just as happy as that guy! Good era scene consultants wouldn't let that happen. (the Caprice, not me sitting next to her) The scene they were shooting here in April had cars with blue and yellow California plates for the same time period. I mentioned that they should be black for those sixties years and they told me I was the only one who would notice they were wrong.

Comment

I asked one of the prop guys why they didn't just produce their own reproduction plates and he told me that they used to until somebody in NY with the same plate number sued the movie company and won. Now the motion picture industry reserves a series of numbers from every state and has to use modern plates... the plates they used for this scene were Indiana plates with bar codes on the bottom and 09 tags on them.

The car was completely out of place, they also had a '70 Cadillac convertible around the corner which I'm sure will make it into some of the shots. Like I said, if you want to see it on the big screen you better catch it opening week because from what I've seen I doubt it'll be there the second week.

Comment

She is a fox! And I don't mean Fred.

Great thread, Lee, thanks.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Well we'll see how this wraps up... they were shut down three times for financial reasons while filming in Columbia. They only had one more day to film here before they were scheduled to leave. This thing may make it to the theater or it may be DOA.

http://www.thestate.com/breaking/story/443387.html

I received my car rental check on Thursday and deposited it Monday morning so I'm waiting to see if it's going to bounce like 60+ checks did the last time they were shut down.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                          X