No announcement yet.

Hit with an ugly stick! eBay Custom Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chops are fine for someone Matthew's size. I can't drive a Model A truck without turning my head sideways to see, I can't imagine trying to drive this car.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

That car is pretty cool. It is obvious that a lot of work went into it. Not an improvement on the original, for sure, but I do not think that was the builder's intention. It was more just to build a custom, chopped Stude. More power to the builder. It is something I certainly would move in for a close inspection if I ever saw it in person.

Ready for a trip to the beach!

Comment

Well, I'll try to sway from the negative comments on this vehicle but will just my new neighborhood is wonderful as I no longer have to look at cars like that no longer.

Ches in So.Dakota
        55 Commander Coupe in parts.

Comment

I don't think it is a '53! I'm thinking it might be a '52 body. All of a sudden it doesn't become such a mortal sin anymore.
          I love customs, and to me a customized '50 Merc is one of the most beautiful cars ever. This Stude was built to emulate a car from that 'lead sled' era, and it does it pretty well, although I'm not wild about some of the styling cues used.

Dwain G.
          "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

Dwain, you may be right. Some '53 parts in there, but main body looks different like a '52. I really enjoy the many '53 custom efforts I've seen from this to the convertibles. I can't tell if it's the uneven gold paint or if it has some dents as you look down the sides, but I see it didn't draw bids to come close to the amount of work that probably went into it. I don't agree with picking on anyone's custom car effort, nor do I agree with censoring opinions as long as they are respectful. I don't see the point in being mean, not knowing what had gone into something like this, so I agree with Bams. Some may not understand the point of some custom cars, but I appreciate them all for the work and inner vision attempted. Some fall short and some are beautiful in the eyes of different beholders.
            A Pontiac guy told me my car looked like a guppy in the front end the other day. Can't please everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X