No announcement yet.

Hit with an ugly stick! eBay Custom Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I sorta like the side and rear view, not so much the front end and the red trim. Someone put a lot of work in the car to achieve "his" vision, not ours.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

It looks like an elephant sat on the rear roof and stayed awhile.
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I hope the lead-work or Bondo isn't on to thick. Don't know if you realize this, but the dodge D-50 is the Mitsubishi-built twin mini-pickup. I hope the subframe is up to the job!

KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

JBOYLE...I dont know who you are but you are so RITE on the mark. Different strokes for different folks! Big brother will take this all away from us if we dont stick together. Some day all these holier than thou will get a reality check.

Live your dreams!
          Live your dreams!

Comment

To each his own. A turd is still a turd.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

DISCLAIMER: To the owner and/or builder of this car: Please do not let the childish, low-brow attacks on your pride and joy made by a very small minority of the SDC membership dishearten you. I promise they do not speak for the decent folks that comprise the club. Most of us realize that gleefully picking apart someone's hard work is shameful and wrong. Most of the posters in this thread are decent people that just aren't thinking; if they were they'd realize how it would feel if they were in your shoes- and that somehow they think hiding in a computer and doing this is OK, even though they would never do this in person.

We have learned repeatedly that for every active poster there are many more who don't post but watch; and you may well be one of them. Please be aware that there are plenty of us actual DOERS that appreciate the incredibly hard work that went into your car, and respect that whether we like the finished product or not.

Best of luck to you.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I'd love to have that car if I was stranded on a desert island--I would light all that bondo on fire and the smoke would attract vessels from multiple shipping lanes...

Comment

Actually, if someone gave this to me, I'd paint it gloss black, put on lake pipes, give it a rake and drive it to Custom Night!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                  www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I can see where the builder was going, and saw a ton of cars similar to this at the lonestar roundup I recently attended. I just think this car needs to be tweaked a bit. I'll agree that it's not really catching my eye in a positive way, but I think it could be tweaked into something rather attractive.

This is one of those cars that probably looks a bit better in person.

I hope.

Chris Salisbury
                    Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Let's not be harsh here! This is yet one more Studebaker fan, run off before ever sharing their magic & mastery with us.
                      While I might have chosen different shades of gold and red to bedeck it with, I wouldn't change one paddle of bondo on it. It's a masterpiece that really brings the stodgy C-K styling to the next level.
                      I'm currently hosting 2 '53 coupes here and I'd love to get some tips on how to make them more attractive and roadable.

Turning a "new leaf" in California's central valley. [^]

Thanks for changing this after I posted my response. I'm glad you get what I was saying[^]

If you search the 'net a bit I'm sure you'll find plenty of good customs to get ideas from for yours. Good luck![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

whit the exception of the grill. I think it is a pretty nice ride.looks like a lot of thought and research went in to it.. Just because it not a stock 400 point car. Lets try not to throw to many stones at him.As so many on this forum say. His car,his money....

Comment

EDIT: For clarification purposes, Mr. Biggs wrote that he intended to express sarcasm in a post just before this one; and has since deleted it. The following was my response to that post- unchanged:

I knew you were being sarcastic. So was I.

You know what I'm saying is right, and you certainly have the right to make yourself look foolish, and dig in deeper with sarcasm if you like. And if you want to pick at me for defending people who are expressing their taste through huge amounts of hard work without getting everyone's prior approval, you have that right too.

All I'm doing is expressing my right to let those who watch, but don't post, know that not everyone will run them down just to try to look clever. As has been proven over and over, people DO watch- and learn. Remember the Hawk with the chrome fins? That's just ONE example.

You're a good guy, Biggs; and have the biggest post total here. You were the first person to welcome me here when I came in, and have given endless help to many. So I just don't get your attitude on this.

To each his own, I guess.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hmmmmm................my $.02

Its not my idea of what a 53 Stude "should" look like, however, thats not the intention of the builder.........
                            It doesnt appeal to me personally, but it doesnt turn my stomach either.........
                            I do sgree if it were mine Id have done it differently, BUT, I also can appreciate the fact tat it hasnt been turned into tommorrows cat food cans.......
                            The V6 is a turn off for me, but with gas fastly approaching $4 a gallon its not a bad idea, and/or maybe thats all he had laying around, along with the dakota parts.....I mean come on isnt that where our "kustom" hobby came from, lets take this and that and throw on some of these, and take off some of those, and cut this, fill that, lead this, nose and deck that, dechrome this, drop that, lower this, raise that, chrome this, pinstripe that, and so on and so on....true customs were the work of the customizer, and that being said was the customizers vision brought to life......
                            I also would rather drive that car everyday to work, than a Corolla, atleast it has some style, and even if you dont like it, you have to admit you couldnt not to look at it if it were driving by.............
                            c'mon guys, its gotta be better to restore, rod, or even customize a Stude rather than to crush it for $8 per 100lbs!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?
                              Not my cup of tea, but it's not my car either.
                              /H

Comment

I like the rear. Front doesn't light my fire, but I can live with it. Hate the chop. Seen a ton of them done this way and something about the slope offends my eye. Can't explain it.
                                So now that I have given my "oh so valuable opinion", let me confess; My heart aches for my lack of ability to create something that fine. I'm toiling away on lesser projects, practicing the crafts, in the hopes that someday I can build something I wouldn't be ashamed to park next to cars like that.
                                Like it or not, Kudos on the wok.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
                                "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

Working...
                                X