Sad Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Cruiser

Look at the pretty floors in this 66 that's already being parted out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ200218017866

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Sad. I'm adding this one to the registry.[V]

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
    http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
    Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Dang, a Hamilton car by default, too...probably just as well for me that I don't really even have anywhere to put the one Stude I've already got! Really hope someone gets this one to revive it...

S.

Comment

No engine, no tranny, no interior (at all), and he still wants a premium price. Right.[xx(]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

No engine, no tranny, no interior (at all), and he still wants a premium price. Right.[xx(]
          Ron, I thought the same thing. He's the proud owner of a $200 car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

It's worth well over a grand in parts alone. If the flanged rear axle is a TT, I may hit the BIN.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

What should be considered is the countless hours one would NOT have to spend repairing factory rust(a no choice option) floor panels, rocker panels, door posts bottoms, doglegs behind rear doors, panels behind rear fenders where they attach to the body,deck lid lip, trunk floor and upper perimeter where the fender bolt access is, door bottoms because no one kept the weep holes clean, rust in front fenders,even though S.B. still has them plus frieght(and careless damage). If ya had to pay someone to do some of the above or all of it, then a rust free shell on wheels for a grand becomes a bargain.
              I have 2 wishes; 1. a two door 2.I could spare the grand plus transport expense. If ya wound up with 2500 bucks in it time ya got it home, your ready to go to disassembly, body prep, and paint, no patch panels, no expensive panels from Classic and on and on. Interior is the easy part.
              A plug for Bob,(seller) had a couple fellas come from Ontario,
              Canada recently to buy a rust free 53 coupe, must been worth it to them. I cringe whenever I see a body in this condition parted out. It deserves to live again.

Thanks for letting me share
              Kim

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kamzack

then a rust free shell on wheels for a grand becomes a bargain.

If ya wound up with 2500 bucks in it time ya got it home, your ready to go
                I have to disagree, Kim. I bought a Daytona body in as good or better shape- factory V8 4-speed CO body with a bunch of extras, no engine/trans. but TT rear for $500. And it was about 600 miles West of me in MI, so I picked it up when we went to Niagara Falls on vacation, which was 2/3 the way there anyway. That made it worth getting. And to top it off, it's a 2 door! Here it is:

I see it's my friend Bob Petersen's car, and he'll know as well as anybody what it's worth. Unfortunately it's worth that in pieces, but not worth putting that kind of money into as a builder. Bob even lists the benefit as a parts car- quote:

"THE MOTOR MOUNTS FOR THE CHEVY ENGINE SELL FOR $150.00-$200.00 BY THEM SELF, POWER STEERING FOR $400.00, POWER DISK BRAKES FULL SET UP WITH RIGHT WHEELS GOES FOR $400.00, FLANGED AXLE $300.00 SO ADD IT UP AND SEE ALL THE GOOD BODY AND SHEET METAL THAT IS THERE..."

He does say he's hoping someone will save it, and that's ALWAYS what I hope for; it just doesn't add up on the numbers.

Of course, if someone isn't worried about the numbers and wants to keep it alive, great! I just wanted to give a little perspective on values... I might have given $1000 if it was nearby for the hardware on it, but with shipping to NY it's way out of range. I'm sure JP would be interested because he has someone to process it in CA- but if he has to pay shipping also? I bet not.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I'm sorta surprised it's back just a few days after it closed~ with the same price on it!!! [:0]

I have a 283/auto that just happens to have come from none other then a '66 Cruiser. Yes, I'm thinking about it...

StudeDave [8D]
                  V/P San Diego County SDC
                  San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                  '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                  '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                  '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
                  '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                  '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave, be my hero and save that car. you gotta love those floors.

JDP/Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Yeah, Dave! Don't let it end up like this poor old Chrysler:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-...QQcmdZViewItem

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

I'm sorta surprised it's back just a few days after it closed~ with the same price on it!!! [:0]
                        I wonder what it would do if he started it with say a $100 opening bid... hard to say.

The crazy thing is, if this car was in this condition, but running with complete but bad interior, it would probably draw even less[B)] Strange but true...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Sadly after my experience with Betty and her value, I think the 1k is way too hight for that car based on what hte current market is bearing.

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT...DRIVE YOUR STUDEY EVERY DAY!

Comment

For comparison purposes, here's an "after" example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...QQcmdZViewItem

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

There is a 66 complete but wrecked one in the Jacksonville florida craigslist.

Orlando FLA
                              Orlando FLA

Comment

Working...
                              X