Stude Truck Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Truck Article

For those of you interested in Studebaker Trucks, there was an article in the March/April 2008 edition of "Wheels of Time" the monthly newsletter of the Amercian Truck Historical Society. I note that it is now available for direct online order at:

http://www.aths.org/store_results.cfm?PageNum_Results=5&category=16&secondary=0

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

My wife found the article in the local library and pointed it out. Good article.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

My wife found the article in the local library and pointed it out. Good article.

Gary Sanders
      Couldn't find a copy anywhere N. of the 49th, so I was glad to see it listed so I could order my very own copy! []

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

I was kind of surprised that the magazine was in the library of this small town (Mt. Vernon, MO). It reminds me that we SDC members can do the same with Turning Wheels for our local school libraries or public libraries. I know the subject has been covered in the past on the forum but it doesn't hurt to remind members that it may reach some Studebaker owners or someone that is interested in Studebakers and may result in a new member. I pay for a subscription at the Nixa, MO High School library.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Dave,
          I was having problems with the signature picture a couple of weeks ago. On one of my computers it was the correct size. On the my lap top it was huge. I asked about it several weeks ago about what size it was on the forum. Leonard sent me a picture of his computer screen showing it to be small. Is it large again?

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

No, it is smaller than Dave's.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Smaller than mine too.[:0]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

I do not under stand how the picture part of the forum works. I down sized the picture a few weeks ago and my picture on the members page was the size of the signature. I deleted it and started over and that's when it was huge on the signature and correct for the members page. I think now I have two different pictures and on my computer the pictures are correct size for each purpose.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary, I show it as it should be 160x120 pixels which is
                  the size of mine......and yes it's smaller than Mark's.

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude
                    On another computer today, and this one also shows the pic to be 160X120. Reckon I'll clear the history on the shop computer, maybe that'll fix it. Thanks.

DAVE, THE EVIL TWIN FROM OKLAHOMA
                    Glad to hear this Dave... I was starting to think that maybe everything was bigger in Oklahoma, kinda' like Texas.

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar Deluxe
                    Vancouver Island
                    </h5>
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

Dave,
                      That was what I was experiencing. Different sizes on different computers. Still do not understand how it works.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                      X