1961 rumbleseat lark convertable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 rumbleseat lark convertable

currently restoring the 1961 lark convertable. right now researching correct engine color...block..valve covers...manifold..pan..automatic tranny etc. all info will be appreciated. im not new at the restoration game but VERY NEW at studebakers.
    thanks
    catguy55 in illinois

quote:Originally posted by catguy55

currently restoring the 1961 lark convertable. right now researching correct engine color...block..valve covers...manifold..pan..automatic tranny etc. all info will be appreciated. im not new at the restoration game but VERY NEW at studebakers.
    thanks
    catguy55 in illinois
    1961 short block and heads would have been silver. Red valve covers. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

ok 1961 lark engine colors are silver block...red valve covers. how about exhaust manifold...intake manifold...water manifold...fan blade and pully...generator bracket...starter...etc?? this is such a rare car im trying to be as correct as possible. also trying to find the owner of the rumbleseat hawk. i believe its flamingo color as is my rumble seat convertable. i have been lead to believe the hawk is in mich. or minn.

Comment

Don't have any idea of how many flamingo rumbled seated convertibles were made, but one lived in Essex Illinois at one time.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

consider this for what its worth, the 61 color lark brochure show's the
          Valve cover - Red
          engine and bell housing - silver
          motor mounts - silver
          fan, tourquoise MY 61 WAS RED
          Intake and exhaust manifolds BLUE
          fan pulley - silver
          cam gear cover - silver
          harmonic balancer - Silver
          cylinder head and thermostat outlet- silver
          SIDE Lifter covers - BLACK
          Oil pump body, silver.
          Air cleaner - Black
          Generator/alt bracket - black
          coil bracket - silver

I'm sure someone will add if all these made it to production, but I have some photo's I could scan if you don't have a 61 brochure.

Side note, seems a lot of 61's have popped up lately,

Chop Stu

Comment

Do not go by the color brochure!!!!!! Wrong colors usually.
            quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

My error, I described colors for the OHV 6, Not the 259 v-8

Production colors would be interesting to know.
            Brochure shows 259 V-8 BLUE block, intake, exhaust manifolds
            and GOLD valve covers as well as oil pan. (1961) I know sometimes artist pictures don't show the "real deal production run"

So I deleted the OHV 6 info.

I'm sure someone will add information as to what colors made it to production, but I have some photo's I could scan if you don't have a 61 brochure.

Chop Stu

Comment

???? Am I reading this right? A rumble seat, like....in a Model A ford?

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

The title of the topic perplexed me, also. I chose not to go there.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, catguy55!

We're just being cantankerous here so, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I thought the rumble seat was just used on the Hawk.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I remember seeing a rumble seat that some maunfacturer made for a Hawk.

Leonard Shepherd
                    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by barnlark

Do not go by the color brochure!!!!!! Wrong colors usually.

I know....that's why I stated that the brouchures are not alway's right also. However the OHV 6 was a PICTURE NOT AN ARTISTS DRAWING.
                      With that said, the V-8 colors was what was being asked about, and no one has answered as of yet.

Chop Stu
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That was wasn't meant for you as a response, that was agreeing and in addition to! I don't have '61 experience enough to validate all the colors, but I know those brochures can lead you in the wrong direction. BP has the correct answers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
                        As far as the seat goes, is that what we are talking about.. the rear seat being called a rumble seat? I thought someone revamped a trunk and tried to put one in! Never saw one of those on a convertible certainly, or anything. A Hawk had them, really?

Comment

There were also 2 rumble seat Larks built.. Hi catguy55,where in Ilinois are you?? One rumble seat Lark was supposed to be in Metamora.
                          Barnlark-there were 2 1961 Hawks and 2 1961 Lark convertibles,built with a rumble seat,built by a 'Cooly Bros' body shop,and sold by a dealer in Illinois- .Story in June,1989 TW.
                          Oglesby,Il.
                          "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

52hawk,
                            Have you seen that one in person? Where was the rumble seat? Was it an aftermarket attempt like the '53 convertibles or was it from the factory? Very interesting, I'm intrigued.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by barnlark

That wasn't meant for you as a response, that was agreeing and in addition to! I don't have '61 experience enough to validate all the colors, but I know those brochures can lead you in the wrong direction. BP has the correct answers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No misunderstanding/offense taken, I just wanted to be clear too, that I wasn't 100% sure about all the colors, but was sure of some of the colors.

If this car truely has a rumble seat in the trunk compartment It would be the first time I've seen one. So this has my intrest.

Chop Stu
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X