My 15 minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 15 minutes?

Well I was sitting in school to day waiting for an internship interview and my mother calls and tells me I have to get to a computer lab and look at this web site because a friend of a friend of hers told her that my car is on the internet! I said what are you talking about and she rattled off this address....so I go to my interview and then to the lab and yup there it is....sorta. This fellow likened the Studebaker-Packard merger to what Allegheny County and the city of Pittsburgh plan to do. I guess this proves that Studebaker is gone but really not forgotten. Now I have to track this guy down, he seems pretty knowledgeable.
    Here is the link http://tubecityonline.com/almanac/index.html

Well except for the military contracts part, not too bad.
    I have driven many Studebaker Packard built M35A2C deuce and halfs,and some others had Curtis Wright name plates during their association with Studebaker Packard.
    When Studebaker "departed" Kaiser-Jeep picked right up and built the same vehicles in the same plant now used to make military Hummv's

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28

59 Lark
    etc

Comment

Cool write up and with pictures. Very nice car also.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

The article mentioned East McKeesport. Wasn't Mckeesport the site of the FIRST SDC NATIONAL MEET in 1966?

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
        47 M-5
        Izzer Buggy
        Junior Wagon
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

I know there was a meet in McKeesport pretty early, not sure what year, someone here should know for sure. Either way it was atleast 20 years before I would have been alive, back when McKeesport was still a thriving city.

Comment

Nice to find your car featured like that - not nice that it's made analagous to a "clunker" in the end. While his comparisons DO share some points, there's some obvious gaffs too.

Surprized here that no one menntioned McKeesports motto about it being a town of Champions. .....and Commanders, and Presidents, and Larks....

BTW, NICE LARK!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

All I know is that Stude is still running and able to now be parked, looking incredible 46 years later (so much for that late clunker analogy) while somebody else is still trying to tune the cherry Ferrari and get it started, apparently. I guess the fact was lost on the author that somebody not only bought a car that "nobody wanted" but is still proud enough to have it look like that. Thanks for representing us and keeping that car from a "watery grave" like poor Packard.

Comment

Working...
              X