Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 2nd & 3rd Wish List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 2nd & 3rd Wish List

    I am looking for the front bucket seats and console for a 62 or 63 Lark. They don"t have to be perfect just rebuildable. I had looked at some out of a Buick but they didn't really didn't turn me on. I would rather have Studebaker. AND I need the speedometer head [the cyclops] for a 56 commander or champion. Mine is hard to read and acts like a compass always moving. Whats the deal nobody talking about the South Bend Swap meet. Am I the only one going. I can't wait.


    7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

  • #2
    quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

    I am looking for the front bucket seats and console for a 62 or 63 Lark. They don"t have to be perfect just rebuildable. I had looked at some out of a Buick but they didn't really didn't turn me on. I would rather have Studebaker. AND I need the speedometer head [the cyclops] for a 56 commander or champion. Mine is hard to read and acts like a compass always moving. Whats the deal nobody talking about the South Bend Swap meet. Am I the only one going. I can't wait.


    7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.
    Carl,
    I don't have the parts you need, but I'll be there.


    Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    62 GT Hawk
    63 Lark
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
    "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
    communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
    honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
    matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
    much in fashion anymore."
    sigpic
    Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    53 2R5
    60 Lark VIII Convertible
    60 5E7 Champ pickup
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    63 Lark
    63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    64 Daytona Convertible
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    36 Dictator
    36 Dictator in pieces

    Comment


    • #3
      I,ll be there vending at SASCO, I do have a 56 or 57 cluster don"t remember which. Is yours the one with the speedo in the cluster or kind of at the top?

      Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

      Comment


      • #4

        The 56 is the narrow one. Just has speedometer and turn signals only. 57 was wider. Glad to see you back. We've missed you.

        quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

        I,ll be there vending at SASCO, I do have a 56 or 57 cluster don"t remember which. Is yours the one with the speedo in the cluster or kind of at the top?

        Frank van Doorn
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Conv
        1941 Champion R-2 Rod

        7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got a spare '56 speedo. I picked up an NOS one on ebay a couple of months ago, so you're welcome to my old one. The only catch is that I have NO idea if it works! It is clean and easy to read, however. So, if you don't find one come May, drop me a line . . .

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the compliment, good to be back in Omaha, although Phoenix kept us out of the cold winter. I'll look for cluster and report back to you.
            quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5


            The 56 is the narrow one. Just has speedometer and turn signals only. 57 was wider. Glad to see you back. We've missed you.

            quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

            I,ll be there vending at SASCO, I do have a 56 or 57 cluster don"t remember which. Is yours the one with the speedo in the cluster or kind of at the top?

            Frank van Doorn
            1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
            1963 Daytona Conv
            1941 Champion R-2 Rod

            7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
            As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll bring the cluster along, it is part of our swap meet stuff anyway, the speedo works but is faded some just checked it.

              quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

              Thanks for the compliment, good to be back in Omaha, although Phoenix kept us out of the cold winter. I'll look for cluster and report back to you.
              quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5


              The 56 is the narrow one. Just has speedometer and turn signals only. 57 was wider. Glad to see you back. We've missed you.

              quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

              I,ll be there vending at SASCO, I do have a 56 or 57 cluster don"t remember which. Is yours the one with the speedo in the cluster or kind of at the top?

              Frank van Doorn
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1963 Daytona Conv
              1941 Champion R-2 Rod

              7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
              As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

              Comment


              • #8
                The speedo housings from '56 to '58 may look completely different, but the 'guts' inside for the speedo are all the same folks...

                With a bit of wear they do sorta 'float' around- I just drive mine at a speed that 'feels' right, and never try to be going any faster then everyone else. One of the downsides to these cars for sure is that speedo. But it sure looks cooool!!!



                StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

                www.studebakersandiego.com

                '54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

                3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

                past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

                past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

                Comment


                • #9
                  hello guys can someone keep there eyes open for a back tail light for a 36 dictator i need one for i have lost one on the road to nowhere...

                  thanks mike




                  http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...e/HPIM0572.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:Originally posted by doughboywoodmike

                    hello guys can someone keep there eyes open for a back tail light for a 36 dictator i need one for i have lost one on the road to nowhere...
                    By putting your picture in the img brackets (see 4th button from the right above), you can have the picture appear.

                    You just need to resize it for your signature line.


                    http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

                    Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

                    The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

                    �Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

                    For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

                    "All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks ive been trying that with no luck[img][/img]

                      http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...e/HPIM0572.jpg

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X