Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a pair of 61 lark single headlight (not quad!!!) assemblies?

Thanks

UPDATE: scroll down and look at my new questions. thanx

Comment

• 54-61-62
      54-61-62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comments. I knew that somebody else had tried this...
      Do you think there is enough room on the inner fenders (aka air deflectors) to allow 60 turn signal assemblies to be grafted into a 61 single headlight panel?

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

54-61-62: You will not be able to put a 60 grill on the 61, without having to buy a 60 hood, cut out the 61's hood mounts on the hood itself, and reweld them to the 60 hood, change to the 60 grill, as well as its trim.
      Basically you need to put the 60 fenders, grill and hood on the 61 and modify the 60 hood attachment.
      OOPS: and then I don't remember the length of the 59-60 hood, because of the fresh air inlet between the wipers. This in itself is a deal buster for you.
      Hood is definitly different, I tried to adapt one, to get rid of the stamped impression. The grill is wider and flatter.

The metal that makes up the back of the headlights, and the leading part of the (2) inner fenders should allow enough room for the single headlight bucket. So your good there. To the right is a 61 dual headlight inner fender.

Chop Stu

• 54-61-62
      54-61-62 commented
      Editing a comment
      oh, while I'm on this line of thought, does anyone have any picture of 61 lark 4dr sedans with single headlights? I don't really ever recall seeing one, but I'm guessing it has to look better then dual quad lights.

Thanks
      Kent

• 4961Studebaker
      4961Studebaker commented
      Editing a comment
      BY THE WAY DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WINNER OF THE 61 2DR RAFFLE CAR THAT WAS AT OMAHA? 4961Studebaker

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

oh, while I'm on this line of thought, does anyone have any picture of 61 lark 4dr sedans with single headlights? I don't really ever recall seeing one, but I'm guessing it has to look better then dual quad lights.
      You may need to check your spacing between the headlamp ring and the grill.

As to the depth of the area behind a 61 single HL with 61Dual HL inner fender. (driver side turnsignal measurments) the whole area slopes behind this area, 3in to left of Turnsignal hole, 3 1/2 in center 4 in at right of TS hole.

Sorry if everyone had to scroll, seemed best if seen side by side.

Chop Stu
Working...
X