The Tinworm has finished...now you can have it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tinworm has finished...now you can have it

This sure is a rusty Hawk, but he says he has the 4 speed.

http://tinyurl.com/34yqsy

Does this log support the car?

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

The dash looks good.

Comment

Restorable, needs paint.
      Rob

Comment

Is there anyone REAl close by this car that is not intrested in buying that could take a quick look at it for me?

Tex in Alabama
        53 C Coupe

Tex E. Grier

Comment

It appears to have a 4 barrel and the air cleaner is in the car. With that, the 4 speed and dash stuff might be worth $600 or so if you were nearby.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I think he's just using the car to make sure nobody steals those valuable catalytic converters under the rear wheels.

Lee

Comment

I think he's just using the car to make sure nobody steals those valuable catalytic converters under the rear wheels.

Lee

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Is there anyone REAl close by this car that is not intrested in buying that could take a quick look at it for me?
                Tex, I think this is a case that having someone go to see it would serve no purpose. I recently saw a complete Hawk dash sell for more than $250, and a complete 4-speed set-up sell for $650. It's a 4 bbl. engine, very possibly a 289. I wouldn't think I'd have any problem bidding the opener just based on what's obvious. There's plenty of other salable parts there also to make it worth your while.

The listing says it all. Only question in my mind would be what it would take (cost) to get it home.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Tex, I think this is a case that having someone go to see it would serve no purpose. I recently saw a complete Hawk dash sell for more than $250, and a complete 4-speed set-up sell for $650. It's a 4 bbl. engine, very possibly a 289. I wouldn't think I'd have any problem bidding the opener just based on what's obvious. There's plenty of other salable parts there also to make it worth your while.

The listing says it all. Only question in my mind would be what it would take (cost) to get it home.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

[:0] He's still getting the hang of this computer thing, Leonard, and when somebody told him to "log on," well, you know.... [V]BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

[:0] He's still getting the hang of this computer thing, Leonard, and when somebody told him to "log on," well, you know.... [V]BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow been a long time since I saw real wooden subframe connectors.....and the frame, must have been where PONTIAC got the idea for there swiss cheese Catalinas, everyone is always stealing studebaker ideas, LOL, but dont worry all that will buff right out!

Sorry couldnt resist........

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Wow been a long time since I saw real wooden subframe connectors.....and the frame, must have been where PONTIAC got the idea for there swiss cheese Catalinas, everyone is always stealing studebaker ideas, LOL, but dont worry all that will buff right out!

Sorry couldnt resist........

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Sorry couldnt resist........on another note their does appear to be some very useable parts! Are those outer bumper guards from a speedster? or were they available on anything, none of my hawks have them........

Comment

Sorry couldnt resist........on another note their does appear to be some very useable parts! Are those outer bumper guards from a speedster? or were they available on anything, none of my hawks have them........

Comment

Working...
                              X