New Jet Thrust website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jet Thrust website!

Per the April TW: Joe Bacon has taken over the Jet Thrust News, and will resume publication!

Full info is in TW in the Co-operator, but here's the website:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Yep, I was very glad to hear that Joe was taking over the JTN. The job couldn't have went to a better person.

He and his wife are driving all the way from Indianapolis to come to our State Meet on April 11-12, and bringing along one of the nicest '63 Daytonas in existence. And a souped up R2 4 speed car to boot. []

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The new web site and the JTN newsletter will thrive if folks join and participate. I started the yahoo page as a quick start up with the help of Matt and a few others. Thanks guys!

Recently I have been contacted by Bob Johnstone to have the JTN web site on an established Studebaker web site, we are currently working on that option. The web address is

As Bob Palma said in the April 2008 Turning Wheels, We think the newsletter has value to members and a web site to share information. I can say from experience the Frank Ambrogio's 1956J web site is second to none for those interested, restoring or just wanting to keep their cars on the road! This site is what I envision the JTN site(s) to be

Maintain production records,track the remaining 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawks, help owners maintain or restore their cars, help prospective owners make an intelligent purchase.

There is also a Yahoo site for the 1956 guys to share info on, it also helps folks with new ideas or old solutions.

I can say honestly without the above sites I would still be looking for parts and solutions on my 56 Golden Hawk restoration.

Where I need help is, I need information for the newsletter. I'll edit it and produce it, but I don't have enough information/news to publish one today. Email me any news, factory information on the JT cars or parts and cars for sale.

Join the Yahoo site,it's FREE! Contribute there

Email any JTN information you have to rfjohnstone@cox.net Bob has offered to help establish pages to follow Frank's site. We need paint codes, part interchanges, pictures, tech data.

Our success will be determined by "our" participation.

As a side note, anyone ever notice the writing talent of Bob Palma? He could make a Corvair sound like a Cadillac! thanks for the "props" Bob.

It is an addiction!
      It is an addiction!

Comment

You're welcome, Joe.

These JT-powered cars aren't getting any younger, and our participation at The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race has made many people outside SDC aware of these cars. Some of these people will join us in the hunt and if they think they've located one, we want to make sure there's a website up and running for them to make inquiries, post finds, etc.

I'd say the JT cars now have the respect; we want them to have an increased presence, too. So I hope the new Jet Thrust News website and your magazine garner much participation from SDCers and folks new to Jet Thrust Power, Joe. [][8D][}][]

(Corvair sound like a Cadillac? Boy, that would be a stunt. I'll work on it...thanks for the vote of confidence...I think...) [^]BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Let em know if you want anything off the old web site if you are not using it, and then I'll pull it down to avoid any confusion.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I have put a website link on our Valuable Links page.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
            Woodbury, Minnesota
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I have put a website link on our Valuable Links page.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
              X