Need a Part Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Part Number

I need to get a power steering belt for my 1963 Hawk.

I went to my local parts store and got a blank stare from the clerk when I said Studebaker.
    Can any one supply me with a Gates, Goodyear or other part number for a power steering belt?

Thanks Bob

Dayco# 15375

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There is a great deal of info available by clicking on the links on the SDC home page, including interchange data and parts suppliers.

Try this:
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel/

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Bob, a sure way to always have the numbers that you need is to purchase a GT Hawk Service Manual. I find them to be an invaluable source of kinds of information. Many Studebaker vendors can supply them to you. Sometimes original ones will pop up on eBay. I have both Reprinted for shop use and original for ducument collection. If you have one please forgive me for this note. If you don't it is a worthwhile investment.

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

After I put the alternator on my Hawk,I measured with string,then went to my flaps with the measurement-went home with 3 belts at a time,and still took 2 trips to get one right,and a 3rd trip to return the extras.[but,kept the wrapper in the glove box for next time I need a belt]

Oglesby,Il
          61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Don, I don't get it, what are you trying to say here?

I use the Chassis and Body Parts Catalogs and the '59-'64 Shop Manual all the time, and if you needed a Proprietary Studebaker part number to buy parts from a Stude. vendor the part numbers are in the Parts Catalogs, but you are saying there are aftermarket parts like hoses, belts etc. listed in the Shop Manual? I don't think so![V]

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Bob, a sure way to always have the numbers that you need is to purchase a GT Hawk Service Manual.
            StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bob,
              Checked the spare belt in my '64 Hawk trunk & it reads Gates 11A1195.Hope this helps you.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
              MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

No Rich. I know there are no alternate parts numbers in th manuals. I do however use the Studebaker numbers for reference when looking for cross over parts from other vendors. I have a lot of these manuals that I have gathered from old time parts stores in a reference library. Sorry for the confusion.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                X