Another grill part # question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another grill part # question

The back of this 53 or 54 grill is identified with part #297445 LH.
    As JP has said, the odd # shows it as left hand side but this part # I can't locate either.

Nels, that number shows up in my '62 Parts Price List book. It carries as WP suffix to it and the book subs part # 306109W to use in it's place. THAT # is in the relevant chassis book as a left grille panel for '54 Sedans.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nels, that number shows up in my '62 Parts Price List book. It carries as WP suffix to it and the book subs part # 306109W to use in it's place. THAT # is in the relevant chassis book as a left grille panel for '54 Sedans.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I was cleaning out the rafters yesterday and forgot I had this thing. At first glance it looked like a CK grill. Thought I found a gold nugget as it is nos and looks it. You wonder why a company that was always on the brink would make two such similar expensive parts and yet be different.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I was cleaning out the rafters yesterday and forgot I had this thing. At first glance it looked like a CK grill. Thought I found a gold nugget as it is nos and looks it. You wonder why a company that was always on the brink would make two such similar expensive parts and yet be different.

Comment

Well Nels, why the heck did they bother to make left and right front parking lites for the '64 - thru '66 Lark types???[B)] Using the SAME fixture on both sides would look exactly as it does with the ever-so-slightly different ones. Given they were on the ropes at that point....[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

Well Nels, why the heck did they bother to make left and right front parking lites for the '64 - thru '66 Lark types???[B)] Using the SAME fixture on both sides would look exactly as it does with the ever-so-slightly different ones. Given they were on the ropes at that point....[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
              X