Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    From what I can tell, she's gonna have a good home.

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT...DRIVE YOUR STUDEY EVERY DAY!

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    Absolutely good news......

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    Well Betty has a new owner. She will be going to Nevada.

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    I see the roller coaster ride is over again and yes they got a real "steal".....Hope this guy works out better than the others!

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    I hope this time the buyer pays, takes the car and this is over..

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    I'm watching very closely and cancelling bids. i've added that buyer you are referring to to my blocked list. Looks like someones gonna get a steal.

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    We had a similar issue, when selling the 64 Daytona...on both outings
    we had 1 bidder, that was attempting to figure out our reserve and
    after getting there, he would remove his bid, stating an error on their
    part, even though it would remain the highest bid for a long period of
    time. After his 2nd time at it, we removed his bid, blocked him from
    bidding again and then we reported him to eBay and they took corrective
    action, with him/her....

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50
    And, they can be cancelled, but can they be blocked from bidding in the first place?

Yes they can be blocked from bidding. Every seller has access to a list where they can put anybody they don't want bidding on their items. I watch my listings and if a bidder has (for example) several negatives for non payment, I cancel their bid and block them from bidding on my items in the future.

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    I 'sold' a 52 Commander 3 times before a buyer actually paid me and took the car. The 2nd buyer sent me $100 deposit,then emailed me that he could not make the trip to pick it up,and told me to keep the deposit. I still beleive 97% of all ebayers are good people-so good luck this time around.

Oglesby,Il.
    "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    OK, this is getting serious...

I've watched this auction 3 times now... twice not sold due to problems with buyers...

Now I look at it with 7 hours to go, and the high bidder is listed as "j***y"- 0 feedback. This same "name" has been involved each time; and I believe was one of the deadbeats...

Do these generic names get randomly re-used, or do they stay with a bidder? And, they can be cancelled, but can they be blocked from bidding in the first place?

Probably should get that bid cancelled and blocked right away, so legit buyers can see where the bidding's at.

Good luck this time.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Greg, my Daytona on ebay may be going to a Australian if wins the auction. I have 3 guys that are planning on winning it, so who knows. All the talk about shipping costs never seems to bother the Australian's, this could be the 4th one to go half way around the planet and shipping out of Longbeach.

JDP/Maryland

Leave a comment:

• go-studebaker
    replied
    Hi mate,
    bad luck on the sales. It will go eventually, it is part of the game and you have to get used to it, or dont do it. I have never thought selling anything was ever easy, and am always amazed that people think that selling a car is not without difficulty. You should try buying them. That can be painful as well.

There is an old addage. The buyer is a lier. Genuine people talk money and follow it through with action. You will get one eventually, but you will need to be patient and go through the normal sales rubbish to get there.

Good luck
    Greg

Greg Diffen
    Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
    1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
    1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
    1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
    1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
    1961 Hawk
    1963 Daytona Hardtop
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Leave a comment:

• Chipp
    replied
    Good luck with your sale. That's certainly a great price for a 1964 Commander in good mechanical condition, and I'm sorry you've encountered some flaky Ebay buyers. If it weren't for the fact that you're in California and I'm in New Jersey, I'd be tempted to buy it. My second car was a 1964 Commander like yours (six cyliner, manual). My first car was a 1962 Daytona convertible. They were both so much fun to drive. I still have dreams, sometimes, of driving them.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    I know what you mean about the speed. I had the car on the freeway tonight and had it up around 75 w/o the overdrive. She definitely holds her own out there. I'm gonna take a road trip to Central Ca on monday with it. I'm almost at the point of pulling the trigger and keeping it.

Leave a comment:

• gaboy
    replied
    I just wish you were closer to Atlanta, I would have bought it the first time you listed.

Never did like the 6 cyl even when they were new & we were assigned "field cars" they were not relished, however I remember the summer of 63 when I was assigned to travel the "farm towns of N.C. to take orders for the 64 model year - traveled all over the Carolinas in a skytop 6 cyl & drove the *rap out of that little car! Got a speeding ticket going out of Ga into S.C on a 2 lane road & had to post bond. (way over limit)

GABOY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X