No announcement yet.

Ebay listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg, my Daytona on ebay may be going to a Australian if wins the auction. I have 3 guys that are planning on winning it, so who knows. All the talk about shipping costs never seems to bother the Australian's, this could be the 4th one to go half way around the planet and shipping out of Longbeach.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

OK, this is getting serious...

I've watched this auction 3 times now... twice not sold due to problems with buyers...

Now I look at it with 7 hours to go, and the high bidder is listed as "j***y"- 0 feedback. This same "name" has been involved each time; and I believe was one of the deadbeats...

Do these generic names get randomly re-used, or do they stay with a bidder? And, they can be cancelled, but can they be blocked from bidding in the first place?

Probably should get that bid cancelled and blocked right away, so legit buyers can see where the bidding's at.

Good luck this time.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I 'sold' a 52 Commander 3 times before a buyer actually paid me and took the car. The 2nd buyer sent me $100 deposit,then emailed me that he could not make the trip to pick it up,and told me to keep the deposit. I still beleive 97% of all ebayers are good people-so good luck this time around.

Oglesby,Il.
        "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
          And, they can be cancelled, but can they be blocked from bidding in the first place?

Yes they can be blocked from bidding. Every seller has access to a list where they can put anybody they don't want bidding on their items. I watch my listings and if a bidder has (for example) several negatives for non payment, I cancel their bid and block them from bidding on my items in the future.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

We had a similar issue, when selling the 64 Daytona...on both outings
            we had 1 bidder, that was attempting to figure out our reserve and
            after getting there, he would remove his bid, stating an error on their
            part, even though it would remain the highest bid for a long period of
            time. After his 2nd time at it, we removed his bid, blocked him from
            bidding again and then we reported him to eBay and they took corrective
            action, with him/her....

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

I'm watching very closely and cancelling bids. i've added that buyer you are referring to to my blocked list. Looks like someones gonna get a steal.

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT...DRIVE YOUR STUDEY EVERY DAY!

Comment

I hope this time the buyer pays, takes the car and this is over..

Comment

I see the roller coaster ride is over again and yes they got a real "steal".....Hope this guy works out better than the others!

Comment

Well Betty has a new owner. She will be going to Nevada.

Comment

Absolutely good news......

Comment

From what I can tell, she's gonna have a good home.

Comment

Working...
                        X