No announcement yet.

Ebay listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure wish I could buy it, but I have my hands full. I really like that color.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

If someone were to offer me $1900, it would be sold.

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT...DRIVE YOUR STUDEY EVERY DAY!

Comment

This is sad. This should not be happening.

Comment

The last winner was a school teacher in Turlock CA. He stated that because I zero feedback, he didnt have to send the cash per the auction and that I needed to drive north of fresno for him to evaluate if he wanted it or hold onto it until when school lets out for him to come and look and pay for it. I hate to think of what type of kids he's turning out as clearly his word meant nothing.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

If someone were to offer me $1900, it would be sold.
            Sorry to hear about your bad luck with selling. Your price seems more than fair to me. If I was in the market and close enough to you to drive her home... []

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Out of over 200 cars sold on ebay, 2 or 3 were flakes, but it happens a lot more on cars under ay 5K and my feedback helps. Just file another nonpaying bidder report and move on.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

If the bidder was disturbed about your zero feedback, than why did he bid?

Comment

My point exactly. Here is the link to the new auction. I have added a few clearer pictures of the car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320238473030

Comment

I like it, just wish it were closer....ofcourse could hop a plane, and drive it back to PA.....what a story to tell the grand kids! I saw that it brought just ocer $2k...I mean c'mon, what can you buy for that kinda $$$ now adays.....Id drive the fricken wheels off of it.....if it doesnt sell, Id be searching for an aftermarket AC system, and keep it!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Thats where I'm getting to. I dont feel like giving it away. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and its caused numbness in my right arm and several of my fingers. I'm having a hard time driving it, Thats biggest thing pushing this.

Comment

It is a shame you are having such a hard time selling it, pretty car and 1,900.00 seems really reasonable. Have you tried offering it through other venues? Craigslist perhaps?

Comment

I just wish you were closer to Atlanta, I would have bought it the first time you listed.

Never did like the 6 cyl even when they were new & we were assigned "field cars" they were not relished, however I remember the summer of 63 when I was assigned to travel the "farm towns of N.C. to take orders for the 64 model year - traveled all over the Carolinas in a skytop 6 cyl & drove the *rap out of that little car! Got a speeding ticket going out of Ga into S.C on a 2 lane road & had to post bond. (way over limit)

GABOY

Comment

I know what you mean about the speed. I had the car on the freeway tonight and had it up around 75 w/o the overdrive. She definitely holds her own out there. I'm gonna take a road trip to Central Ca on monday with it. I'm almost at the point of pulling the trigger and keeping it.

Comment

Good luck with your sale. That's certainly a great price for a 1964 Commander in good mechanical condition, and I'm sorry you've encountered some flaky Ebay buyers. If it weren't for the fact that you're in California and I'm in New Jersey, I'd be tempted to buy it. My second car was a 1964 Commander like yours (six cyliner, manual). My first car was a 1962 Daytona convertible. They were both so much fun to drive. I still have dreams, sometimes, of driving them.

Comment

Hi mate,
                                bad luck on the sales. It will go eventually, it is part of the game and you have to get used to it, or dont do it. I have never thought selling anything was ever easy, and am always amazed that people think that selling a car is not without difficulty. You should try buying them. That can be painful as well.

There is an old addage. The buyer is a lier. Genuine people talk money and follow it through with action. You will get one eventually, but you will need to be patient and go through the normal sales rubbish to get there.

Good luck
                                Greg

Greg Diffen
                                Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                                1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                                1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                                1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
                                1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                                1961 Hawk
                                1963 Daytona Hardtop
                                1988 Avanti Convertible
                                Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                                1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                                1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                                1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                                1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                                1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                                1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
                                X