NOS Avanti valve covers on ebay..... WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Avanti valve covers on ebay..... WOW

Have ya'll seen these valve covers on ebay? These are the best looking valve covers I've ever seen. Rechromed or original! ! ! And no, I'm not the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R1-R2...em200210990055
    sals54

As proud as the Seller is of the Bling Bling Eye Candy they have for sale, I would not be too surprised if the Reserve on this "Auction" is $800 or more. Just have to see.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

As proud as the Seller is of the Bling Bling Eye Candy they have for sale, I would not be too surprised if the Reserve on this "Auction" is $800 or more. Just have to see.

Comment

The seller should be proud; great item. As it should be, he has a reserve to avoid losing them for way less than he wants for them. I attend 3 auctions every week in my business, and that's ALWAYS how it's done- simple common sense.

I believe this is the guy who has several supercharged cars, including a red 63 4-door that is a factory r2 4-speed and GORGEOUS. Didn't meet reserve on eBay a couple years ago; I tried to contact him about it a couple times, but he never wrote back.

It'll be interesting to see how much they'll do[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

The seller should be proud; great item. As it should be, he has a reserve to avoid losing them for way less than he wants for them. I attend 3 auctions every week in my business, and that's ALWAYS how it's done- simple common sense.

I believe this is the guy who has several supercharged cars, including a red 63 4-door that is a factory r2 4-speed and GORGEOUS. Didn't meet reserve on eBay a couple years ago; I tried to contact him about it a couple times, but he never wrote back.

It'll be interesting to see how much they'll do[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

You may be right, Mr Bams. Why not contact the seller, make a deal to buy them, and put them on the shelf next to your FGS Valve Body, just for speculation? After all, they ARE "Absolutely Gorgeous", according to the Seller. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Comment

You may be right, Mr Bams. Why not contact the seller, make a deal to buy them, and put them on the shelf next to your FGS Valve Body, just for speculation? After all, they ARE "Absolutely Gorgeous", according to the Seller. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Comment

"... conduct one's self responsibly on the forum in the first place and not make posts for the purpose of pushing another member's buttons."

BShaw, Webmaster

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

"... conduct one's self responsibly on the forum in the first place and not make posts for the purpose of pushing another member's buttons."

BShaw, Webmaster

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Gee, Bams--That is nice of you to keep us informed of the rules of conduct on this board. It really is. But, I can't see how your post is in line with the topic of a pair of High-Priced Valve Covers on EBay. Anyhoo--Go ahead--buy them. You'll feel better.

Comment

Gee, Bams--That is nice of you to keep us informed of the rules of conduct on this board. It really is. But, I can't see how your post is in line with the topic of a pair of High-Priced Valve Covers on EBay. Anyhoo--Go ahead--buy them. You'll feel better.

Comment

I'm slow about these things - is Wally trying to say that Bob like to buy expensive Stude parts and then just leave them on a shelf?

I'm guilty of that myself, although I try to convince myself that my accumulationg pile of old car parts were all good purchases. As part of a larger purchase I picked up a set of flawless show chrome Avanti valve covers last year - they sit proudly on indoor display with some other Stude parts. I try to convince myself that it was such a good buy that I had to get them - the seller had more in rechroming cost than the selling price.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
                        Packrat junk collector
                        '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

I'm slow about these things - is Wally trying to say that Bob like to buy expensive Stude parts and then just leave them on a shelf?

I'm guilty of that myself, although I try to convince myself that my accumulationg pile of old car parts were all good purchases. As part of a larger purchase I picked up a set of flawless show chrome Avanti valve covers last year - they sit proudly on indoor display with some other Stude parts. I try to convince myself that it was such a good buy that I had to get them - the seller had more in rechroming cost than the selling price.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
                          Packrat junk collector
                          '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

As Usual, I was Wrong---the Reserve was only $500, instead of the $800 I guessed! Silly Me. I just thought I would let everyone know that they are now at a mere $717, with about two hours to go. Now is your last chance to snap these up at a bargain price! It would be a shame if someone actually installed these pristine OEM valve covers on a car. They really should be kept in their original boxes, and preserved as-is for posterity.[}]

Comment

I don't get it. If you put them on a car, they'll rust in a year or two unless the car is kept in humidity controlled environment. For about $400-$500 a pair you can get show chrome like on your bumpers. maybe someone just has to have the crappy, factory, flash chrome.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X