Marshal barn find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshal barn find

I just saw a Marshal-I did!!! First one in person. Just how many of these were made and what type bodies did they use. What power trains? It is literally in a Barn, and I wasn't allowed to do too much toward a close look. I plan to go back. How rare are these? I have no pictures -Yet.

Tex in Alabama
    53 Coupe

Tex E. Grier

What year was it??? []

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

What year was it??? []

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Here's a 2 door version, they made a 4 door too.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
        63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Here's a 2 door version, they made a 4 door too.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
          63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

TURNING WHEELS had an issue featuring the Marshals a year or two ago. Someone here will be quicker at identifying the issue than I.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

TURNING WHEELS had an issue featuring the Marshals a year or two ago. Someone here will be quicker at identifying the issue than I.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

64- I think he said. all I know was it had the rollbar, and unusual seat, fender emblem and it was white. What engines did they have? Would it be too valuable to use the drive train in my 53. It looked like it had no rust. A tree had fallen on the barn and the roof was down on the car. I don't believe it had any major damage, but could not see good. Tell me how to identify and what to look for.

Tex in Alabama

Tex E. Grier

Comment

64- I think he said. all I know was it had the rollbar, and unusual seat, fender emblem and it was white. What engines did they have? Would it be too valuable to use the drive train in my 53. It looked like it had no rust. A tree had fallen on the barn and the roof was down on the car. I don't believe it had any major damage, but could not see good. Tell me how to identify and what to look for.

Tex in Alabama

Tex E. Grier

Comment

I hope the fender emblem tells you it's a Pursuit Marshal. (R1-R2) Even if it's just a Marshal, it's not a donor car. It should have a 289 at least.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                    63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

I hope the fender emblem tells you it's a Pursuit Marshal. (R1-R2) Even if it's just a Marshal, it's not a donor car. It should have a 289 at least.

JDP/Maryland
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                      63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Does R-1 or R-2 on the badge indicate pursuit? Somebody give me more tips on this car. I am going back tomorrow and I need to know what to look for for year etc. I don't know if I am going to be able to open the doos or hood until some debris has been moved, But I don't want this car to get away if I can get hold of it.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Does R-1 or R-2 on the badge indicate pursuit? Somebody give me more tips on this car. I am going back tomorrow and I need to know what to look for for year etc. I don't know if I am going to be able to open the doos or hood until some debris has been moved, But I don't want this car to get away if I can get hold of it.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

64- I think he said. all I know was it had the rollbar, and unusual seat,
                            Does the seat look like this one at the end of this thread?

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...TOPIC_ID=17610

I'm guessing its one of the 30 1964's made. Yes, it is a rare car, and worth saving.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

64- I think he said. all I know was it had the rollbar, and unusual seat,
                              Does the seat look like this one at the end of this thread?

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...TOPIC_ID=17610

I'm guessing its one of the 30 1964's made. Yes, it is a rare car, and worth saving.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X