Production Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Orders

Can anyone clarify what the following information means?

**Canadian and Overseas Orders are possible; but, require you to contact the Museum Store directly. Shipping is an additional $5.00 for out of US sales.

Do I have to call the museum by phone? I'm really unimpressed as they seem to be uninterested in those of us who live overseas since you can't buy from the shop.

Perhaps Art can alter the details re donations in TW to US only as there needs to be a two way street - if we're asked/invited to financially support them they can allow us to buy from them.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

I don't understand why it's a big deal to phone the shop ? (Time difference ?)

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
      63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
        Just a little bit...

"John Clements
        Lockleys South Australia"

I've been 'Down Under' six times- five different ports- loved it each and everytime. But calling 'home' wasn't easy. It was all good~ there was plenty 'stuff' goin' on to keep my mind off of home... [:0]

StudeDave [8D]

edited to add more cool info...
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
          Just a little bit...

"John Clements
          Lockleys South Australia"

I've been 'Down Under' six times- five different ports- loved it each and everytime. But calling 'home' wasn't easy. It was all good~ there was plenty 'stuff' goin' on to keep my mind off of home... [:0]

StudeDave [8D]

edited to add more cool info...
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

John,
            I would send them an email, at least they should be able to tell you that
            way, just exactly what you need to do and the costs that are involved.
            The following is their email address: museumstore@studebakermuseum.org
            The manager is normally pretty good about answering email, unless she is
            off on holiday. I'm guessing that anything going to a non US address is
            $5.00 more in postage.....whether it is Canada, Australia, the UK or beyond.

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

John,
              I would send them an email, at least they should be able to tell you that
              way, just exactly what you need to do and the costs that are involved.
              The following is their email address: museumstore@studebakermuseum.org
              The manager is normally pretty good about answering email, unless she is
              off on holiday. I'm guessing that anything going to a non US address is
              $5.00 more in postage.....whether it is Canada, Australia, the UK or beyond.

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

I've been waiting over a month for my production order. The manager was very friendly though! Hopefully i'll have it by the end of the week. I can't wait!

Chris Salisbury
                Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Comment

I've been waiting over a month for my production order. The manager was very friendly though! Hopefully i'll have it by the end of the week. I can't wait!

Chris Salisbury
                  Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Comment

The last time I ordered a production order I got a phone call after several weeks telling me that the production order for my 1965 Cruiser was lost, thus they could not send me a copy. Guess I get to make one up now.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

The last time I ordered a production order I got a phone call after several weeks telling me that the production order for my 1965 Cruiser was lost, thus they could not send me a copy. Guess I get to make one up now.

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser

Comment

With the cost of phone calls today , it was cheaper and clearer, for me to call NJ from Paris than a call within NJ. Also, its a museum.They're not a major corporation making big money. There is also the value/difference of the dollar today vs. other currencies. I've ordered both of my autos production sheets from them by phone and they are always very curtious and both took approx a month. Be thankful they even have the orders to sell. They could have ended up being destroyed/lost when Studebaker went out of the auto business..

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

With the cost of phone calls today , it was cheaper and clearer, for me to call NJ from Paris than a call within NJ. Also, its a museum.They're not a major corporation making big money. There is also the value/difference of the dollar today vs. other currencies. I've ordered both of my autos production sheets from them by phone and they are always very curtious and both took approx a month. Be thankful they even have the orders to sell. They could have ended up being destroyed/lost when Studebaker went out of the auto business..

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

John, if you want the Build Sheet on your Hawk let me know and I will call the museum for you. It's no big deal to do that and it qwill be a lot cheaper and quicker for you. Just contact me off line and I'll hamdle it.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

John, if you want the Build Sheet on your Hawk let me know and I will call the museum for you. It's no big deal to do that and it qwill be a lot cheaper and quicker for you. Just contact me off line and I'll hamdle it.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X