No announcement yet.

I just bought my first Studee lots of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for so much help guys. I would never get this type of help from my Chevy club.

A couple more questions. How do I post pictures? And where should I find the serial number tag on my hawk? I got the title but I cant find a tag anywhere on the car can you guys tell me where to look?

Comment

Thanks for so much help guys. I would never get this type of help from my Chevy club.

A couple more questions. How do I post pictures? And where should I find the serial number tag on my hawk? I got the title but I cant find a tag anywhere on the car can you guys tell me where to look?

Comment

quote:A couple more questions. How do I post pictures? And where should I find the serial number tag on my hawk? I got the title but I cant find a tag anywhere on the car can you guys tell me where to look?
        The serial number tag should be on the driver's side cowl post in between the hinges of the door. If it is not there, some one has removed it.

Look at the top of the forum and there are instructions for posting pictures.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk58
          I will be at south bend,
          I'm taking friday off work! thanks for the emails and stuff telling me about the club
          FWIW, get to the Fairgrounds as early that Friday morning as they will let you in!!! There is still more C/K sheetmetal in and around South Bend than any other place on the face of the earth! Problem is ...you've got to be in exactly the right spot ...at exactly the right time ...or those who buy & resell it at a higher price will snatch the stuff up before you even see it. Good Luck!!

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

I got my first one last August and started buying a lot of stuff that still sits on shelf waiting to be put in or saved for the future. Cannot echo enough to watch out of EBay folks some are good some are not. Some are not very ethical when it comes to value of parts etc and you can get caught up in the excitment of the auction. My advise would be to start of list of must have nice to have and needs for parts on hand like starters and generators those things that could leave you high and dry on the road or at a meet etc. Good luck this is a great forum with a lot of advise and knowledge.

62 GT Hawk
            84 vette
            31 Ford Pickup
            2005 Maxima
            2006 CTSV
            Gravely 17hp Pro
            Gravely Walker 10HP

Comment

quote:
              I am told it has a small block 289 in it, anyway to check this?
              Chris
              No such thing as a big block or small block Stude engine. They're just engines. All Stude V8's are the same size on the outside.

Jerry Forrester
              Douglasville, Georgia
              Be sure to check out my eBay store
              http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_ and my EZ33 store http://tinyurl.com/2g2j88
              for your shiny Stude stuff

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

quote:
                I am told it has a small block 289 in it, anyway to check this?
                Chris
                No such thing as a big block or small block Stude engine. They're just engines. All Stude V8's are the same size on the outside.
                Ford's 289 is known as a "small block"...that might be where the confusion comes from.

Actually, the Studebaker V8s' weight and external dimensions are much closer to a Chevy big block than a Chevy small block...but as Jerry says, Stude V8's are all the same on the outside...no big or small blocks.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was asking a long-time machine shop employee about the relative quality of N. American engines in the 50's and '60's. His opinion of the Chevy small block is that it was probably the crudest of them all. That made me feel good because, although not a purist, I get frustrated to the point of anger when a S.B. is tossed into just about everything these days.

He said the Studebaker engines he's seen were of superior quality to concurrent S.B.'s.

Made my day.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
                  47 M-5
                  Izzer Buggy
                  Junior Wagon
                  Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                  61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                  Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                  Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Congatulations on your first (it's an on-going adiction) Stude!!

Lots of help for you on the forum. And wait 'til you see Turning Wheels, the club's monthly newsletter. It's Great.

You should also join your local chapter, as there are so pretty amazing and helpful people in almost every corner of the continent.

AND, try to make it to the International meet in Lancaster PA in mid September.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
                    47 M-5
                    Izzer Buggy
                    Junior Wagon
                    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Working...
                    X