Fun Day Yesterday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Day Yesterday!

I didn't have a holiday today like Matthew did, but I had a good time yesterday. I drove my 52 Commander over to Tom Covington's house (the 10 second Avanti Man) and he adjusted the valves for me, and then Tom drove it for a test drive.

I did some videos. Here is the one I shot of Tom adjusting the carburetor.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video...90795307WVbqez

And here is the one of Tom driving it down the street. We went faster later, but I didn't get it on tape.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video...90795307muGDRe

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Did you ask Tom why the hood won't close on his Avanti? [}]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Did you ask Tom why the hood won't close on his Avanti? [}]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

That does sound real nice, Leonard. Few people realize how much trouble it is/was for you to get those good-looking dual exhausts out the rear of that car, positioned exactly as they are, but they do look and sound sweet. Nice day indeed! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That does sound real nice, Leonard. Few people realize how much trouble it is/was for you to get those good-looking dual exhausts out the rear of that car, positioned exactly as they are, but they do look and sound sweet. Nice day indeed! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quoteid you ask Tom why the hood won't close on his Avanti?
            Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"
            It closes. He just had it cracked open!

quote:That does sound real nice, Leonard. Few people realize how much trouble it is/was for you to get those good-looking dual exhausts out the rear of that car, positioned exactly as they are, but they do look and sound sweet. Nice day indeed! BP
            Thanks Bob. I didn't know how to get the dual exhausts to look right because the gas tank is left of center and too close to the rear spring. I decided to move the gas tank to the center and cut out the spare tire well. I just laid the spare flat like the 53-63 C&K bodies.

While I was at South Bend, I checked out all the 52s with dual exhausts. Everyone had done their duals differently.

This one just bent the tail pipe around the gas tank. I could have done this, but I didn't think there was enough clearance, and also I decided not to put the under bumper pan back on, so you would see the bend.

The green Commander Starlight just ran both tailpipes on the same side until the end.

The Thoms brothers just ran theirs, on their 51 Land Cruiser, below the gas tank, which I didn't want to do

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quoteid you ask Tom why the hood won't close on his Avanti?
              Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"
              It closes. He just had it cracked open!

quote:That does sound real nice, Leonard. Few people realize how much trouble it is/was for you to get those good-looking dual exhausts out the rear of that car, positioned exactly as they are, but they do look and sound sweet. Nice day indeed! BP
              Thanks Bob. I didn't know how to get the dual exhausts to look right because the gas tank is left of center and too close to the rear spring. I decided to move the gas tank to the center and cut out the spare tire well. I just laid the spare flat like the 53-63 C&K bodies.

While I was at South Bend, I checked out all the 52s with dual exhausts. Everyone had done their duals differently.

This one just bent the tail pipe around the gas tank. I could have done this, but I didn't think there was enough clearance, and also I decided not to put the under bumper pan back on, so you would see the bend.

The green Commander Starlight just ran both tailpipes on the same side until the end.

The Thoms brothers just ran theirs, on their 51 Land Cruiser, below the gas tank, which I didn't want to do

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Sounds good Leonard!

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sounds good Leonard!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                  X