No announcement yet.

fun day at the shop (picture warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun day at the shop (picture warning!)

Today was a school holiday and I didn't have to go in to work, so I spent the afternoon at the shop. I managed to get half of the trunk floor cut out of a '63 Cruiser, to use in the Daytona. [8D]

It was interesting getting the Cruiser moved so that the air hose would reach. There was a '60 Hawk rot-bucket in front of the Cruiser that needed to be moved.

No problem, just move the '51 Starlight out of the way and hook the Orange truck to a non-running Mopar, and it's out of the way. Now the Hawk gets to move from its long time resting place. I hook the chain around the rear panel between the rear quarters, and by pulling with the Orange truck, all I did was find a fast way to remove that panel! [B)]

Ok, no biggie, I'll just hook to the frame this time. Well, all THAT did was remove the rear 4 feet of the frame. [:0] (I told ya this thing was rusty..) Third time's the charm; hooked to a better spot on the frame, drive forward in the Orange truck, and here comes the Hawk! While it was being pulled, it managed to turn completely sideways. Well, that didn't help as I couldn't get to the Cruiser at all now! No problem, just get the fork lift cranked and shove the Hawk between the trees a little more. Now, hook the chain up to the frame horn on the Cruiser, and pull it forward. That worked fine with no trouble at all. [^]

I can now reach the trunk with the air hose. At this moment, I spend a few minutes contemplating where to cut it out at. I decided to do it in two pieces, as I don't need the center section of the floor. Spend a couple of hours getting to know the side grinder a little more, and eventually the floor comes out, after a lot of sparks and a couple of stubborn 1963-vintage bolts are removed.

The Orange truck got to be used like an old truck; it is one after all!

So, after all this, I have a piece of 45 year old steel that is just one small part of the whole project. Gotta love it. [8D] I also realized that I COULD have just bought another section of air hose, but where's the fun in that?

While cleaning stuff up a bit, I notice the GT project is out of the paint room, so the Sky Hawk must be in there.

A little peek inside reveals a YELLOW Hawk! This one is on it's way. [^]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Mattthew,
    I think you told us before but I don't remember. What color will the bottom of the Hawk be painted?

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Mattthew,
      I think you told us before but I don't remember. What color will the bottom of the Hawk be painted?

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

The Hawk will be yellow and white.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The Hawk will be yellow and white.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Very cool.
            Looking forward to the pictures in progress and when complete.
            Thank you for the pictures.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Very cool.
              Looking forward to the pictures in progress and when complete.
              Thank you for the pictures.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

A fun day indeed! That poor old Hawk - kinda like pullin' the last of the meat off a roast Chicken carcass. Dare I go there? A "Chicken Hawk" carcass![:0] Blasphemy!

Yer havin' too much fun pal!

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A fun day indeed! That poor old Hawk - kinda like pullin' the last of the meat off a roast Chicken carcass. Dare I go there? A "Chicken Hawk" carcass![:0] Blasphemy!

Yer havin' too much fun pal!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

"Oh to be 18 again with a day off!" Matthew, I'm sure there's a few of us who are quite envious, but keep on postin'.

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar
                    3E-6/7-122
                    </h5>
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander
                    Zone Coordinator
                    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

"Oh to be 18 again with a day off!" Matthew, I'm sure there's a few of us who are quite envious, but keep on postin'.

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar
                      3E-6/7-122
                      </h5>
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander
                      Zone Coordinator
                      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Not only to be 18, but to be 18 in a yard full of Studebakers...and a shop...and interested and helpful people.

It can't get any better than that!

Leonard Shepherd
                        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Not only to be 18, but to be 18 in a yard full of Studebakers...and a shop...and interested and helpful people.

It can't get any better than that!

Leonard Shepherd
                          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

[green][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS]"Oh to be 18 again with a day off!"
                            I am currently in Sarasota, Florida with my family visiting my father in law. We spent the day at the Ringling Museum, but they would not let me go across the street to the Sarasota Auto Museum. [xx(]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

[green][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS]"Oh to be 18 again with a day off!"
                              I am currently in Sarasota, Florida with my family visiting my father in law. We spent the day at the Ringling Museum, but they would not let me go across the street to the Sarasota Auto Museum. [xx(]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X