Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost or Rare Factory Studebaker Stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

There ARE a number of such cars. For instance, they built ONE Business Coupe (3-passenger coupe for Gary[8)]) with a V8 in it. That was in the V8 debut year of 1951 which just happened to be the last year of that body style.[]
    Yep, kind of forgot about that one, and the one-and-only 1958 Broadmoor wagon, plus the rest of those Silver Hawk hardtops that may still be lurking out there...

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    There ARE a number of such cars. For instance, they built ONE Business Coupe (3-passenger coupe for Gary[8)]) with a V8 in it. That was in the V8 debut year of 1951 which just happened to be the last year of that body style.[]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by cjsteak

Since I was a kid i've heard tales of unebelievable barn finds and extremely rare 1 of 1 cars that are still unaccounted for such as:

So as a Studebaker community, do we have any mystery cars like this? Lost prototypes, cars used by the mob, cars owned by movie stars, 1 of 1 cars, etc? Have most of the super rare Studebakers been accounted for, whether in the hands of collectors or recycled into a toaster?
    A good majority of the 'one-off' Studes are accounted for, such as what was in the 'graveyard' at the Proving Grounds, etc.; and the cab-forward truck that is now in the museum. But there are still lots unaccounted for, such as the van version of that truck, and some showcars.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by cjsteak

Since I was a kid i've heard tales of unebelievable barn finds and extremely rare 1 of 1 cars that are still unaccounted for such as:

So as a Studebaker community, do we have any mystery cars like this? Lost prototypes, cars used by the mob, cars owned by movie stars, 1 of 1 cars, etc? Have most of the super rare Studebakers been accounted for, whether in the hands of collectors or recycled into a toaster?
    A good majority of the 'one-off' Studes are accounted for, such as what was in the 'graveyard' at the Proving Grounds, etc.; and the cab-forward truck that is now in the museum. But there are still lots unaccounted for, such as the van version of that truck, and some showcars.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• cjsteak
    started a topic Lost or Rare Factory Studebaker Stories?

Lost or Rare Factory Studebaker Stories?

Jim Morrison's (of "The Doors") missing/vanished Shelby GT500KR he wrecked after a bit of partying... and basically left it where he wrecked it.

http://www.shelbymustang.com/morrison.php

Ed Roth's, not-so-hot-at-the-time-it-was-built, "Orbitron" that was just located down in Mexico.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...ter/index.html

A '68 GT350 was just located in Mexico with over 200k on the original untouched engine and trans... still running errands in Mexico City by a person that just used it as a day to day car. (made me smile... Ford guy...[^])

And one of my personal favorites: "The Maserati Behind the Wall"

http://www.motortrend.com/features/c...r/112_0310_mas

My inquiring mind would like to know.

Chris Salisbury
    Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop
Working...
X