Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost or Rare Factory Studebaker Stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjsteak View Post
    Lost prototypes,
    Yup!
    I know of a couple lost-but-found and being restored prototypes

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Oscar Crouch-Black 1956 Flight Hawk Hardtop 56G-K7............still around

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Is that car still around? Last I heard of it was at an International Meet in Indianapolis, I think it was. I'd love to see a pic of it.

Craig
      the car is slowly coming back to life south of the Canadian border in southern Mn.We bought the car in Nov, 2010 from Tom Crouch & have been rebuilding it since then. The body was pretty rough & it would never be a "concours quality" car, so it's coming back to life as an old school "Studillac" with a Cadillac 472, turbo 400, 9"Ford rear, disc brakes, r&p steering so it will become a fun driver while still retaining the stock look outside/inside. This time around it's going to be the 58 Stude Shadowtone red color, becvause there's a lot of black cars out there, so we're going for something a little more distinctive..

Comment

yeah, it's still around. I can send some pix ifyou're interested.Jimbo

Comment

Far as I know there still is not a verified 1962 Indy pace car located.Pace car not parade/dealership car.
          That still correct or has one been found?
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
            Far as I know there still is not a verified 1962 Indy pace car located.Pace car not parade/dealership car.
            That still correct or has one been found?
            AFAIK, Bob; that is correct. Neither of the actual two cars that would have paced the race has been accounted for. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bernice passed away several years ago & is now owned by a member.of SDC.The car is a 56 flight Hawk H/T 6cyl. auto.It was being driven but has serious rust issues in the frame & front fenders .I would have deemed it unsafe, and except for the rarity parted it out or spent thousands on a & be in up-side down.

Comment

Working...
              X