I hope the links work....
    sals54

quote:Originally posted by sals54

THis is the link for part one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzO0...eature=related

THis is the link for part two:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFPLZPIs1zY

Nice, Sal! Well done. I think you guys could have got another couple of grand for the CE with that video in the eBay listing. I'm surprised more car listings don't include videos. I think they add a lot.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

THis is the link for part one:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzO0...eature=related

THis is the link for part two:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFPLZPIs1zY

Nice, Sal! Well done. I think you guys could have got another couple of grand for the CE with that video in the eBay listing. I'm surprised more car listings don't include videos. I think they add a lot.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Nice job Sal.

Mabel 1949 Champion
        1957 Silverhawk
        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        1955 President State
        Fresno,Ca
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Nice job Sal.

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          Fresno,Ca
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

I too suffer from the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" syndrome, but in retrospect, one should not get too pushy with the Karma wheel. As it stands, we made a nice profit putting it back on the road, and the buyer still got a good deal. We'd all rather give more then promised if we can rather then squeeze every dime out of the deal.
            I'll admit after seeing that CE tool around the pasture, the thought of what it would have done on ebay had we have put a grand in her by putting it all in primer, doing the interior and brakes. To be honest, I had no idea of the value of a old CE needing everything until some of you chimed in.

JDP/Maryland
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,839.60
            63 Daytona HT/4 speed
            63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

I too suffer from the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" syndrome, but in retrospect, one should not get too pushy with the Karma wheel. As it stands, we made a nice profit putting it back on the road, and the buyer still got a good deal. We'd all rather give more then promised if we can rather then squeeze every dime out of the deal.
              I'll admit after seeing that CE tool around the pasture, the thought of what it would have done on ebay had we have put a grand in her by putting it all in primer, doing the interior and brakes. To be honest, I had no idea of the value of a old CE needing everything until some of you chimed in.

JDP/Maryland
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,839.60
              63 Daytona HT/4 speed
              63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

I watched it - and as I did so I thought about the hard-working folks at Studebaker that put this CE together some 69 years ago. They would be proud. They would be proud.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I watched it - and as I did so I thought about the hard-working folks at Studebaker that put this CE together some 69 years ago. They would be proud. They would be proud.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well that's about cooler than anything. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Well that's about cooler than anything. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks to all, it does make me feel proud to have had the opportunity to work out the bugs on that Coupe Express. I must, though, give all credit to the builders of the car. I cannot think of many other cars, (trucks), that would have or could have started and ran after such a long slumber. Notice the utter lack of smoke of any color from the tailpipe. Clean. On another note, we must be grateful to the new owner, (name withheld for lack of authorization to print it), as he and his son plan to have the complete restoration DONE by October ! ! ! !
                        I can't wait to see that. My son and I are planning a trip to go see it as its finished. Its only a 9 hour drive. Very cool.
                        JP, I agree with you on the Karma. Glad to see it go to these guys, even at the expense of a potentially greater profit.
                        sals54

Comment

Thanks to all, it does make me feel proud to have had the opportunity to work out the bugs on that Coupe Express. I must, though, give all credit to the builders of the car. I cannot think of many other cars, (trucks), that would have or could have started and ran after such a long slumber. Notice the utter lack of smoke of any color from the tailpipe. Clean. On another note, we must be grateful to the new owner, (name withheld for lack of authorization to print it), as he and his son plan to have the complete restoration DONE by October ! ! ! !
                          I can't wait to see that. My son and I are planning a trip to go see it as its finished. Its only a 9 hour drive. Very cool.
                          JP, I agree with you on the Karma. Glad to see it go to these guys, even at the expense of a potentially greater profit.
                          sals54

Comment

Great video! I have a thing for faded, unrestored old cars that are drivable[]

As I watched the video, I did find my right toe jabbing sharply downward, trying to kick the idle down some

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Great video! I have a thing for faded, unrestored old cars that are drivable[]

As I watched the video, I did find my right toe jabbing sharply downward, trying to kick the idle down some

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
                              X