1960 hawk : two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 hawk : two questions

I am preparing an article for the local "Classic" car magazine, about this nice 1960 Hawk that I have found, that I share in the enclosed photo.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7...hawkwebwq8.jpg

It has been in the family of their current owner since new. Unfortunately they are begining to loose interest in the car but they have so many nice memories about it that do not sell.
    One question: The owner says that the car always has been of this color, but has been repainted once. I think that the current green is far from the original color. What could be the name of the original color?
    Second question : Can some member gently contribute with a good reproduction of an illustration of the engine (from the original brochure or manual)

Studebakerchile
    http://www.tuerca.cl/studebakerchile/

The 60 color chart I have is in real poor condition, but it looks like Oasis Green.

The engine colors in the brochure are not correct. They show a blue block with gold valve covers. I believe that the 60 V8 engine was a silver block with black valve covers, but I am not certain.

The valve covers changed during the mid year. They went from 4 bolts to 2 bolts after serial number 60V 13001

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

The 60 color chart I have is in real poor condition, but it looks like Oasis Green.

The engine colors in the brochure are not correct. They show a blue block with gold valve covers. I believe that the 60 V8 engine was a silver block with black valve covers, but I am not certain.

The valve covers changed during the mid year. They went from 4 bolts to 2 bolts after serial number 60V 13001

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

The Aluminum Silver goes on the complete Engine bellhousing and Trans., including oil pan, intake & water manifolds fan, fan pulley and spacer except Black valve covers on either 2 or 4 hole hole covers, semi-gloss black oil cap, Gen, Starter, Dist. and air cleaner. Pretty much as Leonard said.

The Oasis Green, is an Avocado shade of med. Green. You know the color that was BIG in the 70's!
        I like the Williamsburg, if I had the choice!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The Aluminum Silver goes on the complete Engine bellhousing and Trans., including oil pan, intake & water manifolds fan, fan pulley and spacer except Black valve covers on either 2 or 4 hole hole covers, semi-gloss black oil cap, Gen, Starter, Dist. and air cleaner. Pretty much as Leonard said.

The Oasis Green, is an Avocado shade of med. Green. You know the color that was BIG in the 70's!
          I like the Williamsburg, if I had the choice!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich

Comment

Here is Bob's Oasis Green '60 Lark. This is the original paint shined up.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here is Bob's Oasis Green '60 Lark. This is the original paint shined up.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

All I have for an engine pic of a '60 is in a Lark, this close-up of a 259 V8 in a wagon.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

All I have for an engine pic of a '60 is in a Lark, this close-up of a 259 V8 in a wagon.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

HOLY COW!! You mean my ol' Molly could look that good?!?!?[]

Can't wait to get after that![:X]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

HOLY COW!! You mean my ol' Molly could look that good?!?!?[]

Can't wait to get after that![:X]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

That's right Bob, it's also a Lark VIII Deluxe Wagon in Oasis Green, looks just like Molly, so you better get to WORK!

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich

Comment

That's right Bob, it's also a Lark VIII Deluxe Wagon in Oasis Green, looks just like Molly, so you better get to WORK!

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                              X