62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawk

This over at the Studebaker Swap Page...

For Sale 1962 G.T. Hawk
    studebaker_don@yahoo.com
    Corona, Ca.
    951-734-1816

1962 G.T. Hawk. 289 V/8, original 4-speed. Complete, running, driving car. Needs paint & upholstery. Front Brakes need work. No radio. Full Dash. Has American Racing mags (15X7). Have original wheels. $2400 with mags and $2000 with original wheels. Firm on Price. Located in Southern Calif.

If it is as described, it is a bargain. I'd be all over it if I didn't have a full plate already. If you are looking for a 4 speed GT, this sounds like one worth following up on. Even if you just want to flip it, there is probably $2-3k left on the table with just the brakes fixed.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

I agree. Great car to flip, probably. Like finding a few grand laying on the ground!

I don't get it, Dick- full plate or not, with your proximity to the car, detailing skills, and eBay listing skills, why wouldn't you put everything else aside, grab this and flip it, and have the profit to put into the Ute?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I agree. Great car to flip, probably. Like finding a few grand laying on the ground!

I don't get it, Dick- full plate or not, with your proximity to the car, detailing skills, and eBay listing skills, why wouldn't you put everything else aside, grab this and flip it, and have the profit to put into the Ute?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

To late. I've talked with Don and working out the details of purchase.
        Allen

Comment

Allen

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
            why wouldn't you put everything else aside, grab this and flip it, and have the profit to put into the Ute?
            It's a 3,500 round trip tow for me and I already have 2 Studes bought and paid for in California to pick up. Both of those are money makers for me and relatively easy flips. I also have the rest of the parts for Mr. Biggs '63 Daytona to pick up in California. Here in Washington, I have the Chevy, the Ute, Biggs Daytona, and the '60 2 door wagon. Hopefully the Chevy and the wagon will be sold soon making room to bring home some of the California stuff.

I really do have to discipline myself somewhat or I could easily end up with 20 cars in inventory [xx(].

Again, if this '62 GT is as described, somebody should grab it. A nice car to own or easy money. I don't know the seller and have never seen the car.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

why wouldn't you put everything else aside, grab this and flip it, and have the profit to put into the Ute?
              It's a 3,500 round trip tow for me and I already have 2 Studes bought and paid for in California to pick up. Both of those are money makers for me and relatively easy flips. I also have the rest of the parts for Mr. Biggs '63 Daytona to pick up in California. Here in Washington, I have the Chevy, the Ute, Biggs Daytona, and the '60 2 door wagon. Hopefully the Chevy and the wagon will be sold soon making room to bring home some of the California stuff.

I really do have to discipline myself somewhat or I could easily end up with 20 cars in inventory [xx(].

Again, if this '62 GT is as described, somebody should grab it. A nice car to own or easy money. I don't know the seller and have never seen the car.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

Allen
                Good for you, Allen!

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

Allen
                  Good for you, Allen!

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

It's a 3,500 round trip tow for me
                    Holy Crap[:0] Didn't realize that! That would make a difference...[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

It's a 3,500 round trip tow for me

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

About the same as you going to Texas for a car .

...and, actually, Allen is closer to Corona than I am.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

About the same as you going to Texas for a car .

...and, actually, Allen is closer to Corona than I am.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

ugh, how did i miss this

--george

Comment

ugh, how did i miss this

--george

Comment

Working...
                              X