I like this rat rod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this rat rod!

I don't know why, I'm not usually a big fan of the "rat rod" look, but I get a kick out of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947-...QQcmdZViewItem

This is the third time up on eBay for it; the first time it was stuck around $3K and acually had me thinking[] Last week (second time) it was listed as no reserve, but was pulled right at the end[}] So here it is, NR again... Hate to think about an old M series p/u chopped down for it, but maybe it was beyond saving otherwise...

All considered, it looks like good obnoxious fun[8D] Luckily I didn't bid, or I'd have had no chance at JP's r2 engine[B)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

the horns kinda ruin it for me

--george

Comment

the horns kinda ruin it for me

--george

Comment

I think the horns fit the ridiculous/obnoxious theme[8D] All that means is you'd need a Viking helmet to wear when you drive it

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I think the horns fit the ridiculous/obnoxious theme[8D] All that means is you'd need a Viking helmet to wear when you drive it

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Betcha the homeowners association threw him out of the neighborhood for pulling that out of the garage[}]
            Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Betcha the homeowners association threw him out of the neighborhood for pulling that out of the garage[}]
              Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I seen that thing back in February at a swap meet. Cool truck. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I seen that thing back in February at a swap meet. Cool truck. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

As always, his money, his car, his decision. We can like it or not like it; just don't expect anyone else's car to make rational sense to anyone other than the builder and the buyer.

Rat rods are the fad just now, as Kookie-Ts were back in an earlier time. Builders didn't worry about whether the car was salvageable as a restoration or not, and still don't. A recent Rod and Custom rat-rod-barn-find-fad-car builder took a $75k show-quality '36 Ford street rod and had it redone as a rat rod, including having "rust-holes" added in the fibreglass body!

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                    PackardV8

Comment

As always, his money, his car, his decision. We can like it or not like it; just don't expect anyone else's car to make rational sense to anyone other than the builder and the buyer.

Rat rods are the fad just now, as Kookie-Ts were back in an earlier time. Builders didn't worry about whether the car was salvageable as a restoration or not, and still don't. A recent Rod and Custom rat-rod-barn-find-fad-car builder took a $75k show-quality '36 Ford street rod and had it redone as a rat rod, including having "rust-holes" added in the fibreglass body!

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                      PackardV8

Comment

If I sell off my M-5 as parts and have the cab and frame left over I could see building something like that. I would want a Stude engine. It looks like a lot of fun.[]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

If I sell off my M-5 as parts and have the cab and frame left over I could see building something like that. I would want a Stude engine. It looks like a lot of fun.[]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8
                            A recent Rod and Custom rat-rod-barn-find-fad-car builder took a $75k show-quality '36 Ford street rod and had it redone as a rat rod, including having "rust-holes" added in the fibreglass body!
                            A fibergalss body faux-36...good, no harm done!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8
                              A recent Rod and Custom rat-rod-barn-find-fad-car builder took a $75k show-quality '36 Ford street rod and had it redone as a rat rod, including having "rust-holes" added in the fibreglass body!
                              A fibergalss body faux-36...good, no harm done!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X