No announcement yet.

Bob Bourke and painting the '55 grille.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the chrome '55 grill. Again each to his or her own. I, all too briefly, had a '55 Champion four door. I loved the look of that front end. That and the unusual, for a champion, butter knife trim on the side.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser

Comment

I love the chrome '55 grill. Again each to his or her own. I, all too briefly, had a '55 Champion four door. I loved the look of that front end. That and the unusual, for a champion, butter knife trim on the side.

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

I'm building a '55 C body. The grille and side pieces I have are pretty good shape, so I'm hesitant to paint it. Paint does help in my opinion, make it not so "in your face". Mine is super low, which really helps it "blend" into the car. Should have known better, but after looking forever and buying a lower panel, the car is simply too low to use it, and it actually looks better without it. I'm also not using the floating V. tempestan

Comment

I'm building a '55 C body. The grille and side pieces I have are pretty good shape, so I'm hesitant to paint it. Paint does help in my opinion, make it not so "in your face". Mine is super low, which really helps it "blend" into the car. Should have known better, but after looking forever and buying a lower panel, the car is simply too low to use it, and it actually looks better without it. I'm also not using the floating V. tempestan

Comment

I sure think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have heard it said , 'It is so ugly it is beautiful '. My '55 Y is a beauty.

Comment

I sure think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have heard it said , 'It is so ugly it is beautiful '. My '55 Y is a beauty.

Comment

If my grille were this nice I wouldn't touch it but it's not even close so................. This is one of the color combos I have in mind. I had someone Photoshop it to see how mine might look.

Analog man in a digital world.

Comment

If my grille were this nice I wouldn't touch it but it's not even close so................. This is one of the color combos I have in mind. I had someone Photoshop it to see how mine might look.

Analog man in a digital world.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Hippie

Sure, but what do you do with a Speedster and the two-tone layout? It would split right about midway through the turn signals!

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
                    . . . he became a down payment for. . .
                    Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
                    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Hippie

Sure, but what do you do with a Speedster and the two-tone layout? It would split right about midway through the turn signals!

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
                      . . . he became a down payment for. . .
                      Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
                      1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Hippie,
                        I like the green 55 you had phtoshoped. (great color) I generally do not like 55s but the painted grill helps the look of the car IMHO.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

Hippie,
                          I like the green 55 you had phtoshoped. (great color) I generally do not like 55s but the painted grill helps the look of the car IMHO.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Here's my '55 sedan....

I think the grill comes off better on the "upright" sedans than the otherwise sleek C's and K's.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here's my '55 sedan....

I think the grill comes off better on the "upright" sedans than the otherwise sleek C's and K's.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Wooo! Keep 'em coming, everybody...some sweet rides showing up here. That silver '55 makes me, well, want that silver '55!

(I looked at a '55 Champion sedan here in Hamilton last year, both before and after opting for the '62 Lark I now have. Neat car; awkward and slick all at once. Had it been a two-door, I might've...naaah, skip it.)

S.

Comment

Working...
                                X