R-1 hawk engine designation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-1 hawk engine designation

Hi,the R1 hawk listed on E-bay has engine number P100753 as per the seller.Am I correct that this is not an R-1 but just a base 289?I seem to recall a post that said JT for R1 or JTS for R2 in the hawks and larks.Please let me know if I am correct.Thanks,Steve
    sigpic

Yes, Steve; you are correct. That engine number would be a base 1963, mid-year-production, 289 engine. Not R-Series. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, Steve; you are correct. That engine number would be a base 1963, mid-year-production, 289 engine. Not R-Series. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That green '63 GT with the '62 wheel covers, is the same car I greatly admired probably no more than a month ago on eBay. I see it was purchased to "turn and earn". This seller has included more photos, including the engine painted wrong (not a deal-breaker to me), but I would hope someone would let the seller know that it's not an R1.

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
        quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

That green '63 GT with the '62 wheel covers, is the same car I greatly admired probably no more than a month ago on eBay. I see it was purchased to "turn and earn". This seller has included more photos, including the engine painted wrong (not a deal-breaker to me), but I would hope someone would let the seller know that it's not an R1.

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
          quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks,I e-mailed the seller.Hopefully he will correct the ad.I wasnt a player on it either way but have a local guy looking for a super-hawk that asked me about it.Hope buyer is knowledgable or seller is honest.Thanks,Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks,I e-mailed the seller.Hopefully he will correct the ad.I wasnt a player on it either way but have a local guy looking for a super-hawk that asked me about it.Hope buyer is knowledgable or seller is honest.Thanks,Steve
              sigpic

Comment

He added:

"Motor is not a R1 motor, it is a 289ci."

JDP/Maryland
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,839.60
                63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                63 Lark 2 door
                57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment